What's Your New Shiny?

It is freaking awesome :smile:

We got the 980 because we have a fairly complicated layout and wanted to make sure the whole house got cleaned. We have carpets throughout the house, so we only get about 60 minutes of life from the battery (carpets drain the battery faster than hard floors), and that isn’t enough to clean the whole of the top floor. We haven’t yet managed a full clean as it’s still learning the layout and we are still learning how to use it, but it is supposed to recharge itself and then start again where it left off.
The lower floor was okay, that took 45 minutes for the entire floor.

Even not getting a full clean though, it does a really good job, and nobody has to pull a vacuum behind them. We will still have to do the stairs, and also do behind doors and stuff like that, but the manual stuff will be a whole lot less than it was.

Edit: My son decided it should be called Spot, and we all liked that name, so that’s what it’s now called.

See Dick.
Dick is reading a newspaper.
See Jane.
Jane is playing games on her Android.
See Spot.
Spot is sucking dust.

… See Spot suck.
Suck, Spot, suck!

Not Safe for Children’s version.

:smiling_imp:

I really want to make a Space Balls joke here, but I realized the setup was starting to get a bit convoluted.

I have a metric crapton of writing magazines clogging up my office, and my basement, and everywhere else in the house so I’m trying to digitize the articles I want to keep and then pass the magazines onto other writers who might enjoy them. Scanning them in using my printer/scanner/etc. is annoying, to say the least. So, when I saw this on sale, I decided to go for it - we’ll see how well it works. :slight_smile:

And, I have to say, I’m impressed with Staples Canada - the website said 3-15 days’ shipping, but it actually shipped the day I ordered it.