What's Your New Shiny?

Game mechanics etc more or less the same for each?

Shipping is a problem with something like this.

Deadlands reminded me of The Adventures of Briscoe County Jr.

Well, they did get Bruce Campbell to write an intro for a book or two of it.

I never could get too into Deadlands, because I don’t like westerns. The supernatural bits made it a little more palatable, but the western parts threw me off.

It’s a bit silly, which can make it an acquired taste for many. Plus I have to admit it has not aged particularly well in some ways. I feel like there’s a lot more games I’d rather spend time and money on… I’m re-reading Call of Cthulhu material, and may pick up the new 7th edition in print as the fancy 2 book slipcover set when cash permits.

My MHI RPG (Savage Worlds D20) is coming with a conversion for 1880’s monster hunting. I’d like to run a couple one off adventures in a steam punk version if I can swing it.

Ogre, kickstarter version… wow. I still regret not buying that, what do they go for now?

LMAO! I googled ogre kickstarter ebay. First hit was @Rizak -
https://www.ebay.com/p/Ogre-Kickstarter-Designers-Edition-From-Steve-Jackson-Games-Factory/1703560224

woof. That’s pricey…

Is this the same version?

Yeah, but that’s in Canadian dollars.

Yeah, I’m hoping to sell mine for more in line with the BGG prices.Shipping is the problem.

I sold my '74 Capri and bought, among other things, a new bass guitar.

Not entirely new but I switched from using my router as the dhcp server for my network to my raspberry pi, which was already running pihole. So now I can see which devices are making which dns requests. And wow are the LG TV and FireTV Stick chatty.

Just got a new projector. The old one just keeps telling me there’s a lamp error and idc enough to try and fix it. I tried, but I’m just not good at.it. Might be the fan. But it’s an older one so I bought a new one instead! Just in time for football!

I replaced my Harley’s headlamp and passing lamps with LED bulbs and it made a huge difference in nighttime road visibility.

Congrats, but it gives me a twinge of sadness. I’d love to find one that needs a bit of work but isn’t a rusted out piece of junk. My dad had a Capri when I was a wee child.

Want to do the same to my 'rolla…

It was actually a '73 (oops), and it had a happy ending: a nice (but insane) person near London paid my asking price, had a car carrier drive it to San Francisco, whence it was shipped to England. He runs (owns?) a British sports car-focused shop, so it’s already had some minor work done and has appeared in a few car shows. I see pictures on the Capri World Facebook group.

So basically, my car is living happily ever after and I didn’t have to pay for any of it.

Still, I do miss it sometimes.

Beautiful car. They made good-looking cars in those days.

Today’s cars are just clones or puffed-up things. Like the Mini.

edit : “no parking between signs” lol :smiley:

I got 40,000 miles out of it (at 27 mpg), had a lot of interesting conversations, and style points that just can’t be quantified. It’s just the wrong phase in my life to have a hobby car. It went somewhere it will be loved, and I don’t have to worry about it slowly depreciating/decaying in my garage.