What's Your New Shiny?

But that only applies to “regular” bikes. There is a whole class of bikes called by various terms: “foot forward” or “flat foot” or "pedal forward."
By moving the seat post back they change the angle between human and pedal, so you can be adjusted correctly AND STILL HAVE your foot on the ground when stopped.
Much, much easier for people with shaky balance, or who might be getting back into the cycling thing.

The Electra Townie is one, but there are other brands:
http://www.electrabike.com/sites/default/files/styles/bike_large/public/skus/181223_1.jpg?itok=ImB83kcO

Yesterday on the way home, 2 men on bicycles (I assume a man and his father) stopped right in front of me when the older man lost control of his bike, and fell over in the ditch. It could have been a lot worse. I’m pretty sure the younger man was there to help the elder while he re-learned how to ride a bike.

I guess it isn’t true. You CAN forget.

Happened to me when I was a kid. Forgot how to ride over the winter.

The new phone is here. It’s charging now. It has one of the new micro USB chargers that doesn’t have an up or down, so I guess it doesn’t matter how you plug it in to charge.

My, the HTC 10 charges fast. From the bit it did, I think it would probably charge from dead to full in about two hours. The display is crisper than the HTC M8. It’s the exact same size as my M8, which I’m glad to see. I don’t want a phablet. I need to go sync it with my jambox to see how the sound is next.

Yes, here too. Both S7s charge very fast and get hot while charging fast. Both of them also support fast QI wireless charging.

The HTC 10 supports the wireless charging too.
One of the things that surprised me to find was a removable SIM card. I thought it was the micro SD card slot at first, but that’s on the other side. I hooked it up to my Jambox last night and I had to turn the volume on the Jambox down about four clicks to get the same volume I’d gotten on the M8.The screen resolution is higher as well. So far, I’m liking it.

Both the M8 and the 10 make it very easy to transfer contacts and setting from a prior HTC phone. All you have to do is put them next to each other with NFC on or if that doesn’t work, you can go into the settings to pair them up.

I found an open box Samsung fast wireless charger at Best Buy the other day. It works as advertised, even with a case on the phone. I’m happy. :slight_smile:

It’s been about 24 hours since my phone was at full charge. It is now at 24%. I’ve listened to five or six hours of music and done some kanji practice with the screen on. Battery life appears to be about the same as the M8.

The bike I have and the ones I saw other people riding where they were sitting low are the more standard design where the seat post is fairly vertical.

Okay, so I listened to another hour or so of music last night and by this morning the phone was down to 8% charge. It took an hour and a half to go from 8% to full charge. Nice!

My phone is the 9 and it doesn’t hold charge quite that long, but it does charge about that fast.

I had mixed results on the wirelss charging with my Motorola RAZR MAXX.

I’d set it on the pad when I went to bed, and it would not have 100% when I woke up.

But… a couple of times I woke up in the middle of the night and it DID HAVE 100%.
I think it charged to 100, then stopped charging and, since it was turned on, started discharging.

With the wired charger I start the day at 100%

Mmmmm, shiny!

I want one!

I’m loving it!
In '92, I bought a brand new F-150 XLT Lariat Supercab, and I loved it. That was a few years before they made the SuperCrew a widely available option, back when a crew cab was still not even seen all that often on jobsites. But ever since I saw the full size four door cab, I’ve wanted one. Now it is available with an EcoBoost engine that gets 26 MPG on the highway, and I got a super deal on a brand new 2015, so I got it. :smiley: (Still 60+ 2015s left at the dealership… can’t tell them apart from the 500 2016s)
My buddy has one that is almost identical and he gets 26-27 MPG on his commute… IN TOWN!
I’m not getting near that. Once I get used to it, I should be able to keep my foot from stomping on the fun pedal quite so frequently… I get all giddy when it jumps up and GOES!

Eventually I’ll be looking for a tow vehicle, and I can’t believe how much 150’s hold their value.

Yes, this… I saw 2012 & 2013 F-150s with 70,000+ miles selling for only a few thousand less than what I paid for brand new. It’s crazy.

I looked long and hard at Explorer, Edge and even had an Escape on my short list, but the truck can tow & haul without breaking a sweat, and I’m expecting the truck to last 15+ years, easily.
For anyone playing buzzword bingo: When I took the long view at the big picture, the truck made more sense.

How about a 2009 Lariat for 25k? 2007 Lariat for 20k.2007 XL for 12k.

I’ve been in the market for a “nice” crew cab for a while, and anything newer than 2000 is new car money.