What's Your New Shiny?

You are correct and I am going through that dilemma. I’m grandfathered in with unlimited and if I do an ‘upgrade’ I think I’ll lose it. I was thinking of buying a phone outright and staying with Verizon or possibly jumping ship. The service around here is not as good as when I was back north but it’s still okay. And I have Verizon FIOS if I move out of our crappy ISP so I might be able to bundle. Doubt it’s worth it.

I replaced my LG Viper 4G LTE (I’m pretty sure marketing trolls had a hand in naming it.) with a Samsung Galaxy S4. I was planning to wait a little longer and get a Note3 next year, still hesitant because of the size of the Note, though. But I was eligible for the upgrade and Best Buy had to go and drop the price to free + activation for Black Friday weekend. I picked up the blue one on Saturday. Loving it so far. The Viper was nice, but not-so-great battery life was getting old and the latest apps & updates were asking for more performance than the dual core proc could deliver.

1 Like

This.

2 Likes

Saw that one the other day @Nabiki. That led me to find Ludo and Sir Didymus as well…

Cool! Too bad the Ludo and Sir Didymus don’t look as good as the worm. Then again, maybe it is a good thing, since that means I’m not compelled to buy them…

My own artwork. My department went to Wine and Canvas last night and I painted a not horrible version. It’s a bare tree at night with a full moon and snow. Kind of cool, and I had a good time. Need to take my wife with me next time.

A Sony region free DVD/Blu-ray player. Now I can watch my Japanese and Korean imports on my TV instead of my computer. :smiley:

1 Like

Sunbeam would come post that she got Skyward Sword for the Wii, but she’s busy right now. We should get her back in a couple of weeks.

3 Likes

LOL! My Sweetie rocks. :slight_smile: I’ve never been a huge Zelda fan until recently. Now I want to Play All the Zeldas.

Made me think of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LY5VQE4s_w

I finally got talked into it

3 Likes

I am very glad I have no need of such a contraption.

I’m very glad my electric Toro serves my snow needs.

This.

What a fun little beast - and for $45 plus shipping for the ready-to-fly version, who can argue?

I’ve got a Hubsan X4 “improved version” on its way at the moment. Never flown anything R/C before, but I want to start playing around.

New shiny is an HP Laserjet Pro M400. Color laser, duplex, wired network-capable. Makes for printing off some pretty sweet RPG character sheets and handouts.

1 Like

Looks pretty good! Let us know how you get on - it can be a bit confusing at first but these little quad rotors are very stable.

A Wii Fit board and the Wii Fit Plus program. I’ve decided I really need to get in shape and lose some weight. So far I’ve gotten up early three days’ straight and done 20 minutes before I get ready for work - woohoo (hey, I’ll take my victories where I get them these days).

Nice! It’s hard to keep up on the exercise, isn’t it?

Yeah, last year my Wii fit told me we need to see other people. Apparently it doesn’t go over 320.

That should have been a sign.

Tell me about it. I had a gym membership a few years back and I think I went about twenty times. And that was including during the seven months I was out of work and thought “oh, I’ll really be able to get to the gym a lot now.” :frowning: