What's your most memorable gaming moment?

I feel like cheating/editing/console commands for a lot of games is cheating, but for the original Bards Tale… Not really offended. When the only realistic tactic to get past level 1 it to make tons of characters, laboriously transfer their initial funds around, and then delete them, why show the game respect?

My dad and unused to play those together, each of us controlling a different character. Azure Bonds was the second one. They were called the Gold Box games. SSI was the bomb, played the deal out of their strategic games too. Fighting the Russians in the Fulda Gap.

Did you play the Buck Rogers version?

I didn’t. I wish I had known that they made that title way back when, I would’ve totally snagged it up. lol I remember installing the EoB games on 1.25 disks in DOS.

I’m gonna have to go download DOSBox and spin those games up again.

I thing GOG has versions that will run.

Completing Star Wars Dark Forces for the first time. I was sitting in “the office” (a small room on the end of the house that didn’t have heating and occasionally if it was raining didn’t have electricity, man that house sucked) on a dining chair playing on our donated Win95/DOS computer (I guess it was pre-'97 as I didn’t have the PowerMac 6200 yet) and this was just after I had worked out, at the age of presumably six, how to install DOS applications properly so that save files worked and stuff. It was spring, the fan heater was on making the room smell like fried dust, and I had managed to get a pair of speakers working instead of just using the PC speaker so I was playing with stereo sound, and oh man that final battle took forever, having to replay the entire level every time I died…

But then I did it. The Arc Hammer was destroyed, the Rebellion had won, Kyle Katarn was flying into the distance in the Mouldy Crow (heh, I see what they did there), and the credits started rolling. Perfection.

Bought a copy of Bloodwych for the IBM PC when it was released… and never got round to play it.

The following website has a remake of it.

http://bloodwych.co.uk/