What television show are you watching?

I only watched 2.5, but enjoyed them. Patton Oswalt does a great job, especially with the brief ‘commercial bumpers’ for a show on Netflix with no commercials.

There’s a song near the end of Star Crash (thoroughly horrible, so-very-70s, dubbed sci-fi) that is LOL-funny, and truly inspired.

I wasn’t sure if I would like the changes, myself (and, to be honest, though I love Felicia Day, she’s not my favorite part of the show), but I really do love the subtlety of the humor and how they weave in the old with the new, and the jokes are more pointed at the moment, because they’re up-to-date with culture. :slight_smile: I was afraid they’d just be trying too hard to be the old show, but they’re doing a good job of making it new and fresh without having to rely too much on the old format (without reason—they’re doing the invention exchange because there’s some kind of by-law or tradition they’re upholding, but begrudgingly).

Invention Exchange was a “Joel” bit: There’s a long-before MST3k Saturday Night Live bit where he came on and did some ‘prop comedy’ that is definitely a forerunner of the whole segment.

I assume since he’s running the show from behind the scenes, that’s why it’s been included, at least so far. I’m glad they’re being a bit self-aware about it.

It’s weird how a show that has a motto of “It’s just a show, you should really just relax” inspires an obsession with continuity: I think people would have been unhappy if there weren’t the references to the previous incarnations.

We watched the first 2 episodes of Legion and it is way more than mildly interesting. There are only 8 1-hour episodes, so we should get through it pretty quickly. It took a while to realize that it isn’t set in the 70’s, like I had originally thought based on the Wes Anderson-esque architecture and clothing choices. The music tried to push that feel as well. The music, as with all new Marvel ventures, is epic and really adds to the storyline.

They’ve just released a trailer for a new Cloak & Dagger series. I used to collect that one back in the day, so will have to watch it as well.

I started watching Netflix’s “Black Mirror” the other day. It’s like a more vulgar and realistic (meaning, near-future and not as fantastical) version of Outer Limits. Some of it is almost uncomfortably gritty, and few have happy endings, but it’s pretty interesting, overall. I generally like stories of dystopian-utopia, and it’s fun to try to figure out the twist at the end.

No talk of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D since Season 2.

S4 wrapped last night and holy hell was that some good TV. There was one scene last night that I felt was lacking (the send-off for a related character, OTOH, was beautiful) but overall this season was insanely good and intense.

I’m watching it, albeit on Netflix, so I’m at least a season behind. I’ve heard that there was a rough spot, but the overall opinion seems to be it’s improved.

From what I’ve seen, the biggest thing seems to be dealing with the ‘fuzzy’ connection to the larger MCU… Which I’m also out of date on, so don’t really care about.

There may have been a couple iffy episodes but overall the series is solid. There are definitely references to the MCU but not being able to have some characters make random appearances…well, on one hand it leaves me wanting, OTOH it helps (forces) the series to stand on its own, instead of “special appearance by Thor this week!” material.

Inhumans comes this fall, and both it and AoS will be on Friday nights. It’s rumored that it’ll be AoS’s swan song.

This is good to hear. We’ve barely gotten into season 2, and I heard it was getting political and starting to weaken, but it’s good to hear it’s worth sticking through to the end. :slight_smile:

If anyone has watched Black Mirror, you might understand why this bee that’s been on my screen since last night is making me irrationally nervous:

There’s definitely some political-ish references and leanings, but they’re not (overly) gratuitous - they fall into the overall storyline.

Anyone else watching The Man in the High Castle? We’re just getting into it (still in season 1) and it’s interesting. If nothing else, they amount of work they’ve put in to make it look like it’s set in an alternate universe 1960s is impressive.

I’m watching Sense8 season 2. It’s a really interesting and complex story, but I think they go overboard on the sex and nudity. Some of it adds to the story, but a lot of it doesn’t.

Can’t wait for July. HBO dropped a new GoT season #7 trailer today:

I watched the first 10-15 minutes of the first episode today. Looked good. I’m putting it on my ‘to watch’ list.

Just binged One Punch Man. That was fun…

What next?

I’m working my way through that as well.

Castlevania was pretty good having not compared it to the game. Way too short though (4 episodes).

I’m still on my British panel show kick for most things but we’re happy Killjoys, Dark Matter and Wynonna Earp are all back on.

We got hooked on the Great British baking Show (or Great British Bake-Off in the original English).

Probably the cause of too many late nights, but I finished watching Seasons 1 and 2. I get the feeling that there won’t be a season 3.

I also binge watched the last season of Defiance the other night. It felt like they got cancelled and had to rush to tie up loose ends, but better than no closure at all.

I should probably finish Orphan Black. Also been background watching DS9 and Torchwood at times when I need to mostly concentrate on something else.

I’ve been watching Wynnona Earp. Fun show, and every single main character except the witch is stone cold sexy. My wife and I were talking about it and it’s like half of them have been to some sort of sexy movement school, because even if they aren’t all that attractive, Hank, they move like cats in heat.

I’ve been watching Durururururua x2 still when I’m not watching Youtube let’s plays in Minecraft while I work. I’d never think I’d be that interested in a let’s play, but I don’t have 10 hours a day to do the stuff these people are doing so it’s interesting to watch how they do some of this stuff.

I thought they had been renewed. We kind of stalled in early Season 2. We’ll get back to it, but just wanted some lighter stuff for a bit, and our big shows came back (House of Cards, Veep, Game of Thrones, Ballers).

We also recently got hooked on The Great British Baking Show or as it’s called in the original English, The Great British Bake Off.

It’s great relaxation viewing. For a “reality show” contest-type program, it’s very laid-back. The judges get a little judge-like as is appropriate, but the hosts try to downgrade drama (when not accidentally adding to it by putting a hand in someone’s dish, as has happened). Allegedly, if there’s a melt-down on set from a contestant, the hosts have been known to surround them and start saying things they can’t say on television, so the footage is unusable. The guests actually help each other, there’s a lot less, “We’ll announce the surprise winner… after the break!” and it’s strangely relaxing.

Also, it got us to try making bread from scratch, which was a new thing for both of us despite $Wife having a big hoking pro-grade KitrchenAid mixer.