What television show are you watching?

For All Mankind S3 wraps up this week and I can’t even begin to fathom how they’ll wrap up all of the storylines from this season in 80 minutes.

Just explaining the bombshell that was dropped at the end of the penultimate episode would require an hour.

1 Like

Here you go, the ultimate lazy cop-out. “And it was all a dream.”

Oddballs premiered on Netflix today with 12 episodes. But if you don’t have that, you can watch the first one on YouTube.

1 Like

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law finished its first season today. I think it was good enough to warrant at least one more season.

The fourth wall breaks made it feel like a friend was talking to you. And I’ll give them points for a very imaginative way of using one of them to help wrap up the season.

1 Like

The She Hulk season finale was the best I’ve seen from a D+ Marvel show so far. And I’m a Hawkeye stan, so for me to rate anything above Hawkeye is saying something. I loved the way they used her fourth wall breaking ability in the episode - it was hilarious, satisfying, and a chef’s kiss ending to the season. I really hope that She Hulk gets a second season, and I really, really hope Tatiana Maslany shows up on Daredevil: Born Again.

1 Like

She Hulk. I don’t know if I love it or hated it.
5 seconds past the Marvel intro, I had to stop the feed and laughed for a full minute because of what they were doing. It was absolutely perfect, and I loved it. The only things that were missing were Bill BIxby and Lou Ferigno.
I found it fascinating what they did with the characters and completely in line with what I expected from this comic, but the 4th wall bending was a bit over the top. It was fun, but I’m not sure that I liked it. It worked in a 9-episode arc. I’m not sure how it would work, going forward.
Still, I enjoyed it. It was a bit heavy on the alternate character tie-ins.

1 Like

I need to watch the finale, but the Daredevil episode was really good.

1 Like

I’m overdue for watching Season 3 of The Orville on Hulu. I just watched a video that explains how the writers of the show fixed a big problem and they did it with a very simple method.

There was a timing problem with how events were originally listed in a time travel episode. Event A happened at point X, event B happened at point Y and event C happened at point Z. It created a paradox the writers weren’t intending and fans spotted right away.

The solution was to change the audio of the episode so different times were said by the characters. Instead of “a month”, a character now says “four months”. And one more change like that.

Really, really simple fixes that show the writers were listening to the fans. The paradox is no longer there. If you hadn’t watched the episode when it was first released, you wouldn’t even know it had been there before.

Spoilers, of course, in this video about the fix.

Just be prepared for a massive tonal shift in season 3. Less wacky fart humour and a more serious tone with humour interjected here and there when necessary to lighten the mood. Personally I loved the shift and really, really enjoyed season 3, but a lot of people bitched about it no longer having “Family Guy in Space” vibes.

I gave up on Orville at the start of season 2. I can’t take Seth at all.

We started watching Wednesday last night. Very nice. Tim Burton strikes again.

Andor is the best Star Wars series for adults who love prestige TV in a sci-fi setting. Season 1 just concluded this week.