What television show are you watching?

We watched the Mary Poppins one. It was pretty cool. Haven’t gotten into any of the others yet but Mrs. Force10 says she has no interest in the Tron one. Good thing I have the Disney+ app loaded on my Xbox.

My wife’s never seen Tron, but she enjoyed the episode. We both enjoy how excited some of the actors and filmmakers get excited about their old stuff. I want to say it’s one of the ‘newer’ ones but it really isn’t as Tron is eyeballing 40. Which makes me feel old.

The Chronicles of Narnia was meh (but the actors loved seeing their old gear) while the Who Framed Roger Rabbit? episode was great. Christopher Lloyd is awesome.

Grounds for divorce?

No. Other than that she’s pretty awesome.

2 Likes

You two have had a lot of upheaval over the last couple of years so I guess the “mostly awesome” could balance out the Tron thing :laughing:

2 Likes

Having met Mrs. F10, I have to agree.

1 Like

I do not normally watch Restaurant Impossible because I find it to be a bit stressful and frustrating. I know that some of Robert’s “tough love” is played up by editing and his compressed schedule for turning the restaurants around, but it’s almost too much.

That said…

I caught last night’s episode as it started at Midnight and couldn’t look away. This season he’s going back to restaurants he’s helped out to see how they’re doing and in this case, the owner had been in a motorcycle crash, nearly died, and the business needed some help getting through it. I’m sure that there was a lot of advance planning done for the fundraiser they put together - there’s no way it was done start to finish in the 36 hours shown on TV. But it was still pretty awesome watching him pull together a bunch of the other chefs that he’s helped in the past plus his crew and raise a crapload of money to help her out with medical bills and keeping the restaurant afloat.

Had a similar experience with Gordon Ramsey’s latest iteration of his ‘fixing restaurant’ shows. There was a special set in Ellicott City that was very nice. They focused on recovering from the flood and kind of danced around the floor being a 2016/2018 thing that has been mostly moved past now. It’s still a big deal, sure… But it’s not like they’re still cleaning up damp wreckage constantly.

It’s official. Vagrant Queen wasn’t renewed for a second season. The move from Friday to Thursday was to see if ratings would improve. Maybe 11pm was the right time for it due to the content (in the old West sense where death was easy and cheap), but making the audience sit through a movie first they may have already seen didn’t help. I think networks are still not giving as much emphasis if shows are watched from a DVR recording instead during the first broadcast, so that also keeps ratings low.

It’s another case of a show that had a lot of potential and ended on a cliffhanger that would have led to an even better second season, and the network just didn’t give it the chance. Did they advertise it after the move to Thursday? I’m guessing not much due to the fact that the series will be out on home media next Monday in the UK, which is just over a month after the final episode. But at least when they were showing the blurb for episode 10 at the end of episode 9, they only called it the “season finale” instead of the “series finale” so there was hope at the time for more. If this was executive meddling, at least it wasn’t on the same level as what happened with Firefly.

I guess the good news is anyone who watches it now doesn’t have to go through risking getting invested in the show only to have that taken away from them due to a cancellation. That’s already happened, so they can just enjoy the show for what it is.

Syfy still has the episodes on their website for the moment and I found two other articles that may be of interest:

I saw a trailer on IMDB for Star Trek: Below Decks, an animated series being released in August. I thought it looked like fun, but now I can’t find anything online but people tearing it apart. It hasn’t even started yet. People must be really bored.

Re-watching The Boys (on Amazon Prime). So very very dark. But wickedly funny. And dark. I have to take it in small doses.

1 Like

Trailer for a new Ridley Scott series.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D wraps next week. I am not ready, and I don’t know how they’re going to wrap everything up in only 2 hours.

1 Like

I need to get caught up on SHIELD but at least I’m only an episode or two behind now, not a season or two.

I think it’s done/cancelled but Lodge 49 has been our weird filler for a few weeks.

There’s a lot to do, for sure. I’m sure it’ll end better than GoT. Definitely better than Agent Carter.

Yeah, I’m still a season behind. I just finished the episodes where Coulson died and Clark Gregg showed up as some guy called “Sarge”. It hasn’t been on my binge watch list for a while because I’ve been getting annoyed at how self-righteous some of the characters have been coming across, at least to me.

The final season is pretty good so far. They did ‘style parody’ episodes for various eras for a big chunk of the season, and they work surprisingly well.

I had a friction point when it seemed like an endless wheel of the team losing their base/standing/legitimacy, then getting it back, then getting betrayed and losing it again.

1 Like

We had a recent discussion that went kind of like this:

So, which dead baby mystery do you want to watch tonight?

We’re watching the HBO Perry Mason series and the 2nd season of The Alienist both of which have child murders as a major plot point. They’re both interesting in different ways, but we’re worried we’re getting our plot points mingled between the two.

May I suggest you add Broadchurch to the mix? :wink:

1 Like

We did watch that… I think we’re caught up. I don’t remember it being quite as graphic though.

(S2 of The Alienist literally has a scene where a murderer leaves a dead baby in a toy store and a little girl picks it up thinking it’s a doll.)