What Made You Happy Today?


#2637

The abandoned house across the street is finally on the market after 3 1/2 years!


#2638

Mother is getting released from hip therapy Friday. Yay!

They couldn’t get the heart thing worked out so when they release her they are scheduling heart work… boo!


#2639

I’ll say “Like” to the release, but not click the “like” because of the heart work. Sending good thoughts your way!


#2640

No bots on hangouts for today. Going to be a good day today. :slight_smile:


#2641

My mom didn’t come home yesterday because she’s got pneumonia. But I did mow her lawn and run out of gas three feet after the last patch was mowed.


#2642

Found a discussion in one of the Not Always Right stories about how there should be a “Not Always Humble” category that went like this:

User 1:
Makes a change to all the “Look how witty I am!” posts we’ve been getting lately. Here’s a “Look how much of a jerk I am” post instead!

User 2:
I’m still holding out for “Not Always Humble”, the sub-site of NAx which features stories where people send in examples of how clever they think they’ve been.

User 1:
Please no… the amount of self-satisfaction it would generate could reach critical limits! Don’t you know that a dose of 10 milliClarksons causes nausea, and 5 microTrumps can be fatal?

User 2:
I don’t believe you. Reading this site exposes you to at least three megaKardashians an hour.

User 1:
Fortunately I’m immune to that level of dosage as I had a vaccination about ten years ago. It wasn’t pleasant; it involved watching the entirety of Disaster Movie at the cinema.

Mind you, it might be wearing off, as I found Matt Lanter palatable on Timeless. I am not looking forward to getting a booster shot…

I’m easily amused tonight.


#2643

Healthy. Alive. Slept well.

Today looks like another fine day. (Which reminds me of Don Martin, yes, the one from MAD magazine and his “One fine day…” etc headlines.


#2644

You have scissors, though… right?


#2645

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Gas Attendant.


#2646

Mom home yesterday. Now it’s time to tell at her for overdoing it.


#2647

When my father broke his hipfemur, his PT yelled at him a few times for walking too much too soon.


#2648

Edward Scissorhands? Is that you?


#2649

The official work week is 60% over. I wish I could quietly bury the remaining 40% in some quiet place where it won’t be found.


#2650

Vacation cabin booked! Just under three months and I’ll be taking a long weekend in the middle of nowhere. And minimal cell service, even better. :grin:


#2651

Yeah? Where’s “middle of nowhere” for you?

We like Hocking Hills - quiet, lots of woods and rocks and gorges and waterfalls 'n stuff.


#2652

Noticed our NAS (Thecus NAS) was running a bit hot (between 40degC/104degF and 50degC/122degF) and there was a notice saying the CPU fan failed.

Crapped my pants (figuratively), shutted everything down, removed the NAS for a physical inspection.

CPU fan is still good. No wobbly or noisy bearings.

But I suspect that the hot air does not get dissipated properly, so I installed two PSU fans (50x50) that I salvaged from an old server. Had to desolder a molex connector from an old stiffy drive so that the fans can draw juice from the stiffy molex connection, I don’t want to cut any wires since the unit still is under warranty.

Success, temperatures now are much better (between 30degC/86degF and 40degC/104degF).


#2653

Dad and MIL invited us to go to the Lowveld (https://goo.gl/maps/fidmhfxHhtS2 on google maps). Lovely place even if a bit on the dry side.

Sometime in September, which makes it just before the rain season.

We were there about 4 or 5 years ago. Kids will be loving it (they love being in the nature) and we hope to see ellyphants, giraffes and all the other assorted wildlife.

I consider that to be “middle of nowhere”. There’s a cell signal, but it’s more wobbly than anything else.


#2654

+1 for Hocking Hills. I did a lot of … things … there in my youth.


#2655

Converted a physical Server2k8 PC over to a Hyper-V VM

All went well, it is up and running now, busy busting a gut loading drivers etc.

Now for reliability tests.


#2656

You can’t just say that and not follow it up. C’mon, I’m making popcorn :wink: