What Made You Happy Today?

Finished the big two-story project (see Home Ownership if you care/haven’t looked already) and now I get to do whatever I want for one week. Can play video games, read my book, or just whatever. Thinking of taking the kids to Ren faire this Saturday, and there’s a street market on Sunday. Plus, football. But no projects staring me in the face!!

3 Likes

And? Any news?

1 Like

I think I got all my Renn Fest gear out tonight.

1 Like

Not Ohio State’s 42-0 win over Cincinnati by itself, but preserving the shutout with a blocked field goal, a red zone interception and recovering a fumble in the end zone for a touchback. That’s what makes me happy.

Going to see KISS tonight on their (theoretically) final tour

2 Likes

I mean, it would totally fit the KISS theme to have robotic bodies with Futurama-style heads-in-jars, allowing them to continue touring well into the next millennium and beyond.

1 Like

Two more sleeps…

2 Likes

My buddy theorizes that the real final tour will be right after Gene dies - that they will tour with his casket and you can take selfies with his corpse. I’m pretty sure my buddy and his brother had imbibed pretty heavily when they theory was formed.

2 Likes

My guess would be more some legal arguments over rights as band members pass on.

Expropriation Without Compensation is finally laid to rest. Seems they will only expropriate abandoned properties, properties hoarded for speculation and so on.

Now we can go forward. Already the housing market is looking at a revival.

3 Likes

Kids watching Thunderbirds. Still good to know that properly made series are still good for younger generations. Much preferred above today’s cartoon garbage and violence.

2 Likes

I got to see the “bigatures” and miniatures that they use for this series when I visited Weta Studios in New Zealand. It was a lot of fun.

2 Likes

I’m jelly.

1 Like

Here are a couple of the pictures I took. The villain’s base is made out of old computer parts! Old system boards, case fans, etc. They said that they never clean it, because the dustier and dirtier that it gets, the better it looks. I couldn’t take a picture of it because it was in an area where we weren’t allowed to take pictures.

0418191130a

3 Likes

Had a great anniversary dinner last night with $Wife.

2 Likes

I’m at a SQL Saturday this weekend, so…yeah, in my happy place.

1 Like

Wish they can give virtual tours.

1 Like

This is near the entrance of Weta Studios.

Edit: I guess I’m giving a bit of a virtual tour. :wink:

3 Likes

Kind of looks like how I look when I stepped in something and need to inspect my foot.

1 Like

I finally found a good copy of Oedipus Tex and Other Choral Calamities which completes my collection of P.D.Q. Bach!