No, don’t worry, you’re in the right place. In an effort to keep life interesting—and to make up for being an absentee landlord for so many years!—I’ve shifted forum applications again! Everything’s still on the same server, but I’m doing my best to ditch PHP and embrace TEH FUTURS.
Some things to note about Discourse:
- Community moderation! See a spammer? Flag that post! One or two flags on a newly-registered spammer will auto-hide not only that flagged post, but every post from that account. No longer must you wait on @Nabiki or @DocDubious to wield the banhammer! Flagging is also a great way to report abusive or off-topic messages, too.
- Likes! Agree with a post but don’t want to reply with just “me too” like some brain-dead AOLer? Click the heart button to like it.
- Markdown! UBB code is out, Markdown is in.
- Drag-n-drop images! Dragging an image into the compose window will auto-upload it and display it inline, like this:
- Oneboxing! Paste in a link to another thread here, or on another discourse forum, or really to any other site at all, and Discourse will display a quick summary, like this:
There are more things to point out, but I’ve got work piling up. Explore and enjoy!