Web Find of the Day

Poutine is actually really good. And it’s not the same everywhere. And it’s not just gravy on fries. Sometime they’ll have some meat on it, some veggies… Always with cheese curds. A place around here makes it with sweet potato fries and it’s out of this world.

3 Likes

A place near the office had a great version where they added duck fat and similar.

There’s lots of good ways to dress up fries.

1 Like

There’s a place called Smokin’ Bowls in the next town over that serves fries covered in gravy and mozzerella. Oh, they’re soooo good!

https://www.smokinbowls.com/
The Disco fries. I order those every time I go there. Good thing it’s only once every few months.

1 Like

By their menu and name I’ll just go ahead and make the assumption that they mostly cater to the late night munchies crowd.

2 Likes

Picked up a new lamp at the vet yesterday.

6 Likes

This arouses me.

7 Likes

That is a work of art.
More server / network racks should be like that.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 8

Arya vs Waif scene remastered with Terminator 2 music
Game of Thrones vs. Terminator 2: The Waif chases Arya with T2 music - YouTube

1 Like

Garticphone.com. Omg we just played this at a cookout and it’s the best game of telephone ever. Everyone makes a phrase, then you draw a random phrase someone created, the you guess a pic, then draw, etc. Amazeballs.

I don’t own a bike, but I want this so much right now!

3 Likes

Looks weird yet interesting at the same time.

Playmobil ST:Enterprise

3 Likes

3 Likes

This.

Keep calm and say Arrr!

1 Like

Now I know why that motorcycle looked familiar. From the front, it would look like one of the Sweepers from the animated movie “Robots” with Robin Williams and Ewan McGregor.

Looks great, but every time you came to a speed bump or any other obstruction in the road, you’d slow down to a crawl to avoid scraping the front on the pavement, just like with every other super-lowered car.

2 Likes

Speed bumps be the bane of any lowered car or car with low front.

My Corolla is low, but gladly not that low, can go over speedbumps without havening to slow down to a crawl, or try to do it crablike.

1 Like

3 Likes

Linus Tech Tips posted a video yesterday that explains why brand-new computers that should be fast are running slow. It’s because some manufacturers are switching from 1x8 DRAM to 1x16 DRAM that has fewer chips on it. Fewer chips means data can’t be retrieved as fast even though they have the same capacity. A simple swap of the DRAM between an AMD laptop and an Intel laptop moved a 25% difference in performance to the other computer. It can also have the equivalent impact of switching from an NVIDIA 3080 graphics card to a 3070.

He’s recommending that manufacturers of gaming machines specifically list they have 1x8 DRAM as an example of the high performance of their gaming systems. Also recommends consumers check the RAM type when buying either laptop RAM or desktop RAM, with it sometimes being harder to find that info on laptop memory and/or full systems.

1 Like
1 Like