Web Find of the Day

Woo hoo! LOLZ

As the colonists expand from their initial settlement they must find a way to share their new home with its native inhabitants, with the surviving historical information in the cultural database to guide them. The difference in technological level between the colonists and the natives makes relations more difficult, and conflicts escalate into a war that ends with the humans enslaving the natives.

Native relations (Natives Enslaved): -1000
Score: 8528
(sigh)

Garden’s alien forests stretch away beneath a pale blue sky. The colonists live in stone-walled cities with buildings sealed against the planet’s harsh environment, beside rivers that flow into the planet’s oceans. They live lives of peace and spiritual fulfilment beyond the dreams of their ancestors on Earth, guided by a combination of human and alien philosophy. Traders and diplomats from the planet’s native nations are occasionally seen in the colonists’ communities. In the first city stand monuments to the 71 colonists who died building the first settlement and the seedship AI that guided humanity to its new home.

Not too bad.
Result: Medieval Cosmic Enlightenment

Cueball’s level fields of alien moss stretch away beneath a blue sky. The colonists live in low, sprawling stone-walled cities beneath the planet’s open sky, beside rivers that flow into the planet’s oceans. They live lives of peace and spiritual fulfilment beyond the dreams of their ancestors on Earth, guided by a combination of human and alien philosophy. Many of the planet’s native inhabitants live in the human communities, and the colonists’ culture has been enriched by alien influences. In the first city stand monuments to the 18 colonists who did not survive the journey, the 108 more who died building the first settlement, and the seedship AI that guided humanity to its new home.

A little better.
Bronze Age Cosmic Enlightenment

Arid’s landscape of huge boulders and towering mountains stretches away beneath a sky filled with corrosive clouds. The colonists live in tall high-tech cities under airtight domes, gathered around water production plants. The streets are filled with security cameras and patrolled by armed police who violently put down any hint of dissent. In the first city stand monuments to the 253 colonists who did not survive the journey, the 683 more who died building the first settlement, and the seedship AI that guided humanity to its new home.

Post-Singularity Dystopian Police State: 6921

Very advanced technology, but because only 64 people survived the colonization I guess the cloned generations were second class citizens.

Atlantis’s ocean stretches to the horizon a pale blue sky. The colonists live in stone-walled cities with buildings sealed against the planet’s harsh environment, on platforms floating on the planet-wide ocean. The cities are dominated by the palaces of the emperors, who live in luxury while the population toils to support them. In the first city stand monuments to the 16 colonists who did not survive the journey, the 276 more who died building the first settlement, and the seedship AI that guided humanity to its new home.

5492 points, Iron Age Slave Based Empire

Oops, 1804. Everyone died.

@sig retweeted this on Twitter today, and it made me LOL:

Some like Elvis, and some just don’t

That is the funniest thing I’ve seen for months.

Love it when the one who doesn’t gives the side-eye to the one who does… “Back away from me now, you stupid, stupid idiot.” :joy:

Fun diversion there, @balance though I can’t say my first attempt was all that amazing :wink:

Oceanus’s ocean stretches to the horizon a blue sky. The colonists live in cities of steel and glass with buildings sealed against the planet’s harsh environment, on platforms floating on the planet-wide ocean. The cities are in ruins, and the survivors of the nuclear war survive as best they can in the wreckage of human civilisation. In the ruins of the first city stand monuments to the 83 colonists who did not survive the journey, the 12 more who died building the first settlement, and the seedship AI that guided humanity to its new home.

Information Age Post-Nucelar Wasteland
Score: 6482

It’s definitely a “losing is fun” kind of game/toy.

I finally broke 10k in @balance’s addictive web find!

Arcadia’s alien forests stretch away beneath a pale blue sky. The colonists live in high-tech cities with buildings sealed against the planet’s harsh environment, beside rivers that flow into the planet’s oceans. They live lives of peace and spiritual fulfilment beyond the dreams of their ancestors on Earth, guided by a combination of human and alien philosophy. Traders and diplomats from the planet’s native nations are occasionally seen in the colonists’ communities. In the first city stand monuments to the 57 colonists who died building the first settlement and the seedship AI that guided humanity to its new home.

Score
Planet atmosphere: 250
Planet gravity: 500
Planet temperature: 250
Planet water: 500
Planet resources: 250
Survivors after landing: 1000
Survivors after settlement construction: 943
Final technology level (Post-Singularity): 3000
Native relations (Friendly): 1000
Final culture (Cosmic Enlightenment): 3000
Surviving scientific database × 10: 1160
Surviving cultural database × 10: 1130
Total: 12983

“To completely unmake an Avenger, one must possess only eyeliner and the skills of an intramural league dodgeball player.”

This is kind of fun.

https://www.finedininglovers.com/blog/out-of-the-blue/military-food/

Is that marketing, or a real thing in foodie circles?

It’s based on the MIchelin guide system. If your restaurant gets even a one star rating in the MIchelin guide, it’s a big deal.

Edit: MIchelin guide, not star…

Every time I hit the club … minus the pants.

Until he turns his head to the left, that could have been either Prince or Chris Kattan.

http://elements.wlonk.com/ElementsTable.htm

seems like as good a place as any…
Also, I’m typing on my phone and almost done with my first jumbo margarita - happy cinco de mayo! So bear with me…

I just found out that Toronto has a basketball team! Whoodathunkit?
They’re playing Cleveland on the tv at the Mexican restaurant (I may edit later with link), and I was caught unawares. So I looked it up. They’re had one since 95! Wow
Happy Friday, my internet friend peeps!

Wife thinks I’m crazy…

[quote=“RoadRunner, post:558, topic:426, full:true”]
seems like as good a place as any…
Also, I’m typing on my phone and almost done with my first jumbo margarita - happy cinco de mayo! So bear with me…

I just found out that Toronto has a basketball team! Whoodathunkit?
They’re playing Cleveland on the tv at the Mexican restaurant (I may edit later with link), and I was caught unawares. So I looked it up. They’re had one since 95! Wow
Happy Friday, my internet friend peeps!

Wife thinks I’m crazy…

Raptors right? Best name in Basketball.

trying to imagine velociraptors playing basketball…

Funnier with the feathered ones.

Bacon of the Month Club.

Regular US subscription for 3 months:
$150

Canadian subscription for 3 months:
$365

That’s for 2 pounds of bacon/month, including shipping, taxes and duties. In US dollars. That comes to a little over $60/pound.

Hashtag no. Hashtag why?

http://www.baconfreak.com/bacon-of-the-month-clubs.html