Unpopular Opinions

I am not a fan of the Beatles OR the Stones. A few songs from each, sure, but as a whole? Bleh. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

For me the Beatles were overplayed, and I got terribly tired of them.

1 Like

$Wife and I had a weird Beatles renaissance a couple years back, but they’re our parent’s generation really, so there’s no deep resonance. I do occasionally have a fondness for some 90s music that I will admit isn’t actually good but has ties to memories of previous eras. I’ve had No Doubt’s “Just a Girl” going around in my head for a couple days…

This. So much this. My ex used to pretty much exclusively listen to the Beatles and the Doors for the better part of a year or two, to the point where I can’t stand listening to either of them to this day (and that was probably 16-17 years ago, since it was before our daughter was born…)

And this is a lot of why I hate Queen. I started off neutral towards them, then my brother got one of their albums and played it over and over and over and over and over again until I couldn’t stand hearing it any more. To this day, I cringe when I hear Bohemian Rhapsody or We Will Rock You or anything else on that album.

Overuse will definitely do it. After watching the movie I found I like some of their less common songs like Seven Seas of Rye or I Want to Break Free that are a pretty different sound.

Brian May has done some interesting solo stuff, too. I get the feeling he has some geek tendencies, in addition to a degree in Astrophysics.

The Beatles are barely my parents’ generations, but the Stones definitely are. I appreciate what they did for the music scene, but bleh. For me there isn’t even overuse - I do everything i can to avoid them. They just make my skin crawl. :grin:

I’ve been known to overplay some artists, but I never grow tired of them. Halestorm. Ozzy/Black Sabbath. Tom Petty - especially in the summertime. Can’t get enough.:heart_eyes:

I love apple phones. But i hate how apple handles its customer support especially for business accounts.

I also super dont care about the apple pressers.

I also hate android os. i cant stand google services.

You can look at LineageOS (without the Google addons) or wait for Huawei to release their new phone OS.

Or find an old Nokia and go back to Symbian. :crazy_face:

Huawei phones aren’t sold in the US.

Oops, I forgot about the ban His Trumpness imposed.

And grey imports aren’t allowed either, I assume?

Sure, but guess what your children’s answer to the same question will be…

:nauseated_face:

1 Like

The Dragonlady used to live with a guy who played the entire Rush 2112 album every morning.
She said she didn’t like it, but silently rocks out whenever I put it on.

2 Likes

2112 is one of my top 10 albums of all time. Second best Rush album IMO (Moving Pictures is first, and in my top 5 all time.

1 Like

I’m not a Rush fan. The music is good, and Geddy is a nice guy and all, but I can’t stand the sound of his voice… nails on a chalkboard.

How dare you hate on Rush? On Neil’s birthday even.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

This would be the thread for it. And I went a lot easier on them than the earlier discussion of the Beatles :wink:

3 Likes

Anyone else read this as “As a Grand Theft Auto resident…”

Overall, I don’t personally care about sports most of the time, but I also kind of think it’s wrong to be “Eww, sports, let’s mock people for their passions” because I’m currently in a mode where I don’t like to make fun of people for being excited about stuff.

2 Likes

Yes! That was totally my first thought!

Haha! Well spotted! :rofl: