Things you wish you could say (everywhere)

If I was closer, I’d be tempted to anonymously visit and say mean things to them. I can be a devious asshole when it is warranted… “It’s your fault he is sick because you sheltered him too much when he was young, so his immune system was not prepared to fight off everyday germs.” comes to mind. Might not be 100% true, but neither is it true that it is your fault.
Too harsh?

But seriously… Sorry you’re going through a difficult time, @Nabiki. I hope the situation is resolved before you are scheduled to go on your trip, for better or for worse.

Are they aware that your friend is also capable of cleaning stuff?

I’ll be able to leave my house this week.

backyard

Honestly that is beautiful. Hopefully you aren’t stuck like that/loose pto

We live in a gorgeous place. Having cancelled my trip to San Diego this week, I have nothing pressing, so it’s no big deal. I like my house and my family, and we have power, food, bourbon, and internet.

An Essentials Kit!!

In case you’re not familiar with Brian Regan, I’m making a play on one of his comedy bits, starts about a minute and a half into this video… http://www.cc.com/video-clips/vcd88g/lost-baggage

Too bad. We are looking at a high of 70 today. :slight_smile:

I think we got the weather deliveries mixed up - we got your rain, you got our snow.

The Ohio has passed flood stage and where it usualy crests and recedes in a couple of days, the flood warning today was “until further notice.”

Best to Sunbeam and the Siglets!

This is not my current weather alert.

Hazardous winter conditions are expected.

Snowfall amounts of 25 to 35 cm and blowing snow tonight into Wednesday.

Snow at times heavy will continue into Wednesday. Easterly winds gusting up to 60 km/h may cause near zero visibility in blowing snow. Total snowfall amounts of 25 to 35 cm are likely before the snow tapers off to flurries Wednesday afternoon.

Major impacts to travel are likely with this storm. Localized power outages are also possible.

This snow is associated with a Colorado Low that will cross Southern Ontario tonight into Wednesday.

Rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult. Poor weather conditions may contribute to transportation delays.

Recommended actions

Consider postponing non-essential travel until conditions improve. If visibility is reduced while driving, slow down, watch for tail lights ahead and be prepared to stop. If you must travel, keep others informed of your schedule and destination and carry an emergency kit and mobile phone.

I believe this is the same Colorado low that just left a mess at my home in Wisconsin.

I worked from home today, which was interrupted by a couple hours of no power… Barely got tonight’s crock pot dinner in on time.

And over here in South Africa we have rain and loadshedding.

We got a gas oven/stove, so we’re ok with food preparation.

I fell asleep hours ago because I’m exhausted and chemo wears me out. I’m not still awake playing on teh Minecraft server because I’m juiced full of drugs.

I swear the premeds are sometimes worse than the chemo. I’m so tired, but am not sleepy at all.

If that isn’t the definition of feeling like shit, then I don’t know what is. I wish you have better days ahead, @Woodman.

I finally made it to bed at 5. But Wednesday is Men’s Group Day and my alarm goes off at 5:30. I killed that, and then my wife’s alarm went off at 6:05, and my daughter wanted to have a full conversation about her outfit at 6:15. So I got up and got gas for the truck, and it’s colder than hell out there and then I made breakfast.

Now I’m up.And back on the Minecraft server, so thanks @Lee_Ars for giving me something to do through this round of chemo.

Happy to be able to help, even in a small way :slight_smile:

Who Sushi Kim is, and why she calling from the U-haul center. But alas, I shall never know, because it was a wrong number and a bad translation left on my Google voicemail :rofl::rofl:

The dog didn’t wake me up at 1:00 AM to go outside in the ice and cold, and totally throw off my day.

Sending thots and prayers this Valentine’s Day.

Stanford has miracle workers, right?