Things you wish you could say (everywhere)

Dear M$FT

Stop borking our WSUS server with wonky win10 payloads.

Already I had to rebuild one and use SQL Express instead of the builtin SQL variant it uses.

Next week I’ll have to repeat the procedure for our remote sites.

Bastards. Why is win10 so special that its updates tend to bork WSUS?

No wonder why I burned through 5GB of iCloud storage space. Every picture on my iPhone is in Live Photo format. Apple, if I wanted a video instead of a picture, no matter how short it is, I would have switched it to video mode.

And because I can’t get iTunes on my computer to recognize the phone any longer, I will either have to get a third party program to grab the pictures off the phone or else email them to myself one at a time.

Why is it when I want to unlock the phone, I have to push the button at the bottom of the screen twice before I can get to the keypad? “Try again” makes it sound like I pushed the wrong button. I don’t need jittery icons when I want to move them or the words “try again” looking like they’re trying to play Space Invaders when I press that button.

“You use an Android phone at work, so you should get an iPhone for your first cell phone so you can find out how it does things,” I said to myself. I am beginning to regret that decision.

You live, you learn.

I did not wake up with a headache and with every muscle in my body screaming (for explanation why, see soon-to-be-made post in Home Ownership thread). It did not take 800mg ibuprofen, breakfast, a monster, some coffee, and three glasses of water to dull the pain enough to leave the house and run all my errands. And it is not coming back with a vengeance just in time for me to start hauling all the trash to the curb and start the cycle all over again. Migraines suck.

At least it’s been a long time since I’ve had one this bad. Well, I take that back. Had a really bad one on vacation but was able to fix it with rest, monster, and breakfast. But before that it had been a few months. But today was the perfect storm of hormones, long nights/tired from the past week or so, muscle pain from house stuff, and surprisingly lack of stress. That last category doesn’t make sense, but I guess for some people when you are stressed and amped up your body keeps things under control but once the stress is gone certain hormone levels or whatnot drop and your body’s compensatory systems cause there to be pressure in your brain and triggers a migraine. Weird. The body is weird.

Michael Hooper you are delusional.
You have just been beaten 38-13 and 40-12 and you would pick every member of your team over every member of the New Zealand team? There were maybe 2 people in your team who outperformed their NZ rivals - and that was because our guys were not at their best.
However, if your delusion means we keep on beating you then keep dreaming.

My auto insurance didn’t go up 107% because of an accident this February and I can keep my courier job.

Ouch! That’s pretty steep

From $2808 to $5813 for 100/300 commercial grade insurance. To stay on the road, ‘civilian’ insurance will be in the $900 to $1300 range.

Ouch. Not nice :frowning:

My dad did not fall off a ladder and break his femur yesterday. Ugh. Stereotypical old guy injury. :roll_eyes:

However, he’s made it through surgery ok, and now we wait to see how rehab goes. He’s neither patient nor good at taking orders so this could be interesting. And my mom has rods and plates in her back and walks with a cane so she’s very little help (DJD starting in her 30s - they are only early 60s). And being 6hrs away it really sucks.

What annoys him the most? We are supposed to go see Ozzy Osbourne at Pine Knob in 2wks. He said he’s going to go one way or another. :joy::joy:

Oh, no! I hope he recovers quickly.

Me too! Mentally he’s ok. Already up to his usual shenanigans in the hospital. They never ordered his dinner so when he got to his room the kit hen was closed and he had nothing to eat. Which is not good bc he gets sick from anesthesia. After “discussing” with his nurse, he managed to convince her to go steal food for him off of a couple other floors. :joy:

I’m not having trouble falling asleep. My house is clean and not suffering from having three kids in it. There is not a tropical depression raining on us all weekend and I can make my children go outside. All my house projects are completed and I can watch football all weekend on the projector I do not have to install.

Clearly there are many many things I wish I could say today, but cannot. :sob:

My teams football game doesn’t start at 10:45pm Eastern. My nap is not holding me over…

My car did not just drop another $500+ repair on me.

That was the main factor in why I got a new car. Previously, it was a manageable amount of repairs, maybe one or two things a year, and the cost was always less than what monthly payments on a new car would be. That vehicle wasn’t fancy but it got the job done.

Then in a two-month period, about six problems happened, with two previously-repaired items giving indications that they were going to fail again. So, new car. The other one’s now a backup and I run it around every so often to verify it’s ready to go if I need it.

That’s the point I’m at now. This summer it’s been a bad driveshaft, a small exhaust hole, and 3 wheel bearings. So now I’m casually shopping for something used to replace it. I’m not under the gun so I can be super picky. I found a 2011 Golf TDI 6-speed DSG for 10k with reasonable mileage on it but then I heard about the mandatory 40k service interval on the transmission so that’s kind of a bummer. But it’d be a hell of a fun car that gets 40+ mpg on the highway.

There’s a 2013 with only 36k on it and a manual transmission a few towns over as well, I’m tempted to call about that one

What person that was involved in programming CDex felt it necessary to include a “Pr0n groove” genre but didn’t feel it necessary to include “Compilation” or “Christmas”?

" The recent reincarnation of CDex has seen a number of sponsored programs being automatically selected during installation with little information about their nature. Scan results suggest there may be a substantial risk to any system these are installed on along with the source code no longer being publicly accessible, preventing independent code review.

This project should be considered as exploited by the new maintainer and should not be trusted."

My tooth hasn’t ached all weekend, and won’t need a root canal. Ugh.

First sensations of discomfort were Thursday afternoon, and has been getting worse all weekend, while I was out of town. Silver lining is that it isn’t temperature sensitive, so I can have coffee.