Things you wish you could say (everywhere)

Oh, no. Please keep us informed and know that we’re thinking about you and Mr. TM. Reach out if you need anything.

1 Like

Please keep us in the loop when you can. Hoping it’s nothing serious.

Yikes! That’s awful. So sorry, I hope things get better quickly.

Thank you all. They think it’s some sort of GI bleed, from what I’ve been able to find out. He’s supposed to have a scope test this afternoon, so we should know more then. The biggest frustration is that I can’t be at the hospital with him, and they won’t give out much information over the phone because they can’t verify I’m who I say I am, but they won’t let me into to the hospital to tell me what’s going on.

I managed to drop his cell phone off and talked to him earlier, but he was pretty out of it because of the painkillers. I’m going to phone this evening and ask how I can be more involved in what’s going on since they won’t give any info out over the phone. I understand the reasoning behind it and behind not being able to come to the hospital, but there’s got to be some sort of middle-ground.

Oof, that sucks. I hope he feels better soon.

I agree with @Force10, that sucks. Kind of hard to tell if it is time to become the squeaky wheel or if that’s a totally bad approach. Do y’all have another close relative nearby that is good at being a complete asshole? (like, on demand, not as a life strategy) You could use that for a good cop / bad cop approach.

Oh no… I sincerely hope he recover soon!

It’s gotten a little better now that he’s actually been admitted and has a room (still can’t visit, though). I had a mini-meltdown yesterday when the nurse on the other end of the phone said “this admission wasn’t unexpected, was it?” and I replied “well since he collapsed and I had to call 911, yes, it was unexpected”. She got very helpful after that. And I was able to get his cellphone to him so I’ve been able to talk to him. The doctor came by as we were talking this morning and I told Mr. TM to tell him to call me after he finished his rounds. We’ll see if he does.

2 Likes

I hope you hear soon. I remember staying up all night waiting for my old roommate’s mother or sister to tell me that he’d been transferred safely. I finally called the hospital at 3 AM to ask and they told me that he’d arrived. It’s nerve wracking. I’m glad you’re getting some information now, at least. If you don’t hear back by this afternoon, call back.

:hugs:

We did not just have a Gisborne cockroach in our ensuite. It did not have a body about an inch long - about half the size they can grow to. There is no chance that we will get any others like it.

(on the slightly positive side, they are more likely to stay outside than come inside)

Aaaaahhhh!! Cockroaches are one of the few insects that creep me out. I think it goes back to when I was 14 in Hawaii in a place that was pretty infested. I’ll never forget being in the shower and stepping back to rinse off my hair and feeling/hearing crunch under my foot.

Hawaii is crawling with them. But we had volunteer geckos.

Yep. I was in a condo. The bottom condo had all of the cockroaches. The top one had all the geckos. The cockroaches ate more cat food than the cat did. shudder

If you’re going to insult someone with the intent of hurting them mentally or psychologically, you better write it down so that when you try again, you don’t accidentally contradict yourself and render both insults impotent.

It’s totally possible to order things in a timely fashion from Ikea right now.

When friends and I shared a house after university and furnished most of it from IKEA we used to joke that IKEA is Swedish for “out of stock”.

The Dragonlady’s ex-husband used to work there. We always used to joke about how many times/day he’d say, “We don’t have it. We don’t know when it’s coming in.”

They are doing limited click and collects each day and delivery is into July. Which blows, since most of my kitchen is demo’d. Guess I will just keep clicking every morning. :woman_shrugging:t3:

Half tempted to order it for delivery, and still try to click and collect, and just return the delivery if I get it sooner.

From what I’ve heard, IKEA online ordering for delivery is incredibly unreliable, to the point of it being a total crapshoot whether you get the product or not.

Might almost be worth looking at IKEAs further away and making a long day trip to pick stuff up if you can get the stuff quicker there.

I have. Same result. Just gonna keep trying. I know why it’s happening. Just annoyed because my kitchen is demolished and now they can’t get my order to me. :woman_shrugging:t3: