Things that suck

Got a flat on the trailer on our last camping trip of the year. Had to replace it at full cost with less than 2000 miles on it.

Went to put the replacement on this afternoon. Spotted a bump on the sidewall as I loaded it into the truck (I planned on doing the swap once I parked the trailer at storage). Decided to not put it on the rig but instead ask the tire shop to look at it.

Guy at the tire shop took one look at it, said “never seen that before on a never-used tire,” then “I’ll have a replacement here tomorrow.”

At least this one I don’t have to pay for.

3 Likes

:rofl: that is so hilarious!

Very common these days. Basically the truly “in person” meeting doesn’t happen anymore for anything above a small number of people (5? 6?) so every meeting has one or more video streams. It’s really messed with our remote office bandwidth.

Had been writing a chapter of a story and had one scene to go. Don’t know how I managed it, but I lost about 5000 words. Since I’ll (hopefully) be going back to work soon, I don’t know when I’ll have a chance to rewrite it. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

<insert sad_trombone.wav>

Things that suck?
Whoo boy… do you want them alphabetically or chronologically?

sadtrombone.com

This week.

It’s been 5 years since we’ve seen you, I’m scared.

3 Likes

That makes 3 of us!

A very long time ago, fast food restaurants used thick plastic cups for their drinks. These days, the only one I know of that still does is Dickey’s Barbecue Pit, which they call their Big Yellow Cup.

I bought one from McDonald’s in 1988 when Who Framed Roger Rabbit? came out in theaters. I’ve had it ever since. Today, I walked by the shelf it was sitting on and noticed a huge crack in the bottom of it. Somehow, being in a spot where it’s not subjected to direct sunlight, it just cracked on its own.

I think that was a spare because I would have bought all 3 designs, but it still sucks to lose something related to my user name’s namesake for apparently no discernible reason.