Tempting Fate

Walking down a flight of stairs tonight and it’s dimly lit. I ask the guy behind me, “How many people fall down these steps?”

Very Next Step…

Fortunately, I remembered how to fall and only skinned my elbow.

2 Likes

Knowing how to fall is huge. When I was in a motorcycle accident many years ago, knowing how to fall probably saved me from a stay in the hospital, even though my bike was totaled.

So true. And also anticipating dumb moves by cagers will prepare you for the worst should it happen.

1 Like

Happens to everyone. I was making a joke the other day about never handling the kettle power lead with wet hands, and as soon as I plugged the cord in the fuse exploded loudly. Needless to say, bricks were shat.

2 Likes

Or the CFO deciding to default on a payment agreement with one of our hardware suppliers… Now we cant get new hard drives etc.

Nightmare for me as I can do diddly-squat should the server RAID decide to leave for /dev/null

1 Like

I was getting ready to refill the sugar shaker yesterday, and told myself, don’t drop the sugar cannister.

And then I proceeded to fill my coffee cup with sugar.

1 Like

At least you didn’t drop it!

What happens when you build a fire station over the emergency flood release for an abandoned and sealed coal mine?

Well, you get a fire station full of water, of course!

Sigh.