Song of the Printerer Redux

georgie porgie printerer paperer jam

Georgie Porgie printerer jam
Tried to print on honey roast ham
When he called the tech’ assist
Boy was Georgie’s manager pissed

$CIO got a big important meeting with a client.

Tried to printerer a couple of pages, printerer just stood there and chewed cud.

Switch said printerer off, and on again, and it printered lots of paperers full of pretty pictures and diagrams and words…

Printerer #406, which is also a faxerer and scanerer, was in pieces on the floor today.

There was no explanation as to why. The table it was on was stable. The cables were neatly tied away so nobody could trip on them. But there it was, even the Xerox name plate cracked in two from the impact. Toner was everywhere, and the coffee machine was out of order because toner had gotten into the cup repository.

Requesciat In Pace, Printerer #406.

Your taste buds should be thankful for that. :wink:

In Pace Requiescat!

Maybe some minion or peon or $manglement_type got pissed off with the printerer and shoved it off the table in a violent manner?

I don’t use the machines anymore, I’ve discovered the secret drip-feeder in the employee lounge. It was hidden behind a stack of Lego bricks. …yes, my employee lounge has Lego.

Potentially, but at the same time it’s … it was one of those geet big AIO machines that usually need two people to lift them. You know the type I mean, with five paper trays for assorted media, all of which can hold one or two whole reams of paper. Not something you’d get angry at and sweep off the table like a Canon iP1600…

Weird. Ah well. One of the universe’s unexplained mysteries then.

Perhaps the individual had previously been exposed to gamma radiation in the past and got very angry at this particular printer.

[quote=“Road_Rash, post:165, topic:610”][quote=“CaffeinatedNoms, post:164, topic:610”]
coffee machine was out of order because toner had gotten into the cup repository
[/quote]

Your taste buds should be thankful for that
[/quote]

Bah, it’s only a little carbon…if the coffee was already awful, it probably wouldn’t make it any worse. Kind of like when a carbon/charcoal filter is new and lets some get through.

I serviced printers and copiers for years - blew so much black crap out of my nose over the years, some days you would have thought I was a coal miner.

:laughing:

I think ninjas snuck in during the night and trashed the printer.

Can’t gief 10000 likes to a post :tired_face:

Re: toner.
Considering that it’s a really finely-made plastic, not a liquid like a lot of people think, there are similarities with health issues of coal miners.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

“Beware the Printerer, my son!
The doors that bite, the jobs that crash!
Beware the Roller bird, and shun
The frumious Paperstash!”

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought –
So rested he by the AD tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Printerer, with LEDs of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And printered as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it glum, and with its drum
He went galumphing back.

"And, has thou slain the Printerer?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

I love it! :smiley:

“Karl, schieß dem Druckerer.” (Karl gives Hans a puzzled look. Exasperated, Hans repeats it in English) “Shoot the printerer!

I realize that dramatically it wouldn’t work in reverse (saying it in English then repeating it in German), but this always bothered me in the movie… Big dumb German dude receives instructions in German and doesn’t understand, or maybe doesn’t believe what he is hearing, until it is repeated in English, presumably his second language.

Hello Printerer, my old friend,
I’ve come to plead with you again.
Because your speaker is still beeping
And my users are still bleating
As the ticket queues get longer day by day
Yes, it’s insane…
But still, you sit in silence.