Song of the Printerer Redux

Trask: Why didn’t you tell us all this on the purchase requisition that day?

Tess: Well, no one was gonna listen, sir, not to me. I mean, you can order toner plenty, once you’ve got the printerer, but not while you’re trying to get one. And if you’re someone like me, you can’t order a printerer without the toner.

Trask: Mmm. You’ve got a lot of print jobs stacked up in your queue. How did you create it anyway?

Tess: I’m not sure what you mean. I have a few print jobs, but I think they’re a normal amount.

Trask: I mean, are you willing to go out on that limb every day, working with us? Legitimately?

Tess: Yes, sir.

Trask: Have to be a base model. Any problem with that?

Tess: No, sir.

Trask: Printerering, Miss McGill.

Tess: Yes, sir.

When you reinstall macOS on both machines, and Holly (the newer machine) is all “mmm hey, I found a Samsung multifunction printer scanner!” and GLaDOS (the older machine) waits a good ten minutes before going “hey! A generic network printer! Look you can see how much ink there is!”

…yeah after hours of installing specific drivers, GLaDOS still refuses to believe there’s a scanner there.

Will George call it a scannerer then?

I should hope so. Printerer and scannerer and faxerer,

Don’t forget the tonerer.

Not actually songs, but a google+ thread on printerers and tonerers…

https://plus.google.com/+pluggie/posts/LSacpZ5iLug

Gots a Samsung CLP-315 printerer here. Switched it on, then faffed about somewhere else.

Smelt something hot, traced it to the samsung printerer. It is overheating.

Switched it off and unplugged it. Will have fun tomorrow with BIG BALLS OF FIRE!!!

I have exactly the same one at home. I keep it on all the time. Maybe I’ll try turning it off and then only on again when I actually need a print. It’s hooked up to the NAS as a print server now, so that should help.

Thanks.

Has “Oh, it’s on fire, it must be a [brand]” officially switched from Sony to Samsung yet?

Yikes!
I’ve heard some not so great reports about their major appliances, too, but usually it is just control boards failing… you know, without actually catching on fire.