RIP Thread

Granddaddy of the DIY repair generation John Haynes has loosened his last nut.

There’s a “reinstallation will not be the opposite of removal” comment to be made here but I can’t put it together.

Opportunity Rover has been officially pronounced dead.

We now have only one mobile outpost on the surface of Mars. INSIGHT is immobile, but sciencing the crap out of its mission.

In your face, Neil Armstrong.

Dave Rollin Smith at age 78, founder and chief archivist of the Walt Disney Archives. Probably the most important person involved in preserving the history of Walt Disney and his company.

And then there were two. Peter Tork of The Monkees died today. The first song he was the lead singer for was “Your Auntie Grizelda”, and that song title was the inspiration for giving Phoebe Howell of Phoebe and Her Unicorn the middle name of “Grizelda”.

My wife has a relative named Grizelda. But they’re not from here.

I got to see reruns of the monkeys on tv land when i was a kid, it was a fun show.

My roommate. UCSF could do nothing more for him, and he was taken off of life support. He was declared at 12:48 PM.

My condolences on your loss, @Nabiki. :frowning:

That sucks. Sorry for your loss Nabiki.

That sucks, Nabiki. I’m sorry to hear that. :frowning:

Very sorry to read this, @Nabiki.

I’m so sorry to hear that, @Nabiki.

Im so very sorry. He was one of my favorite teachers. i will miss him.

So sorry for your loss, @Nabiki. I hope the process of dealing with his family and property will go more smoothly than your recent dealings with his mom & sister.

My condolences, @Nabiki

BTW, Peter Tork of The Monkees passed away on Thursday, February 21, 2019.

Too late. @RRabbit42 already posted that one. :wink:

Noooooooooo! :cry:

Condolences @Nabiki