RIP Thread

I do remember he seemed too “classy” for the rest of the show. Like he wandered in from the comparatively higher budget and more ‘professional’ NFL-style sports coverage and was much more subtle than the people he was interviewing.

Bad day today. :frowning:

Bob Einstein, aka Super Dave Osborne

He also played Bobby Caldwell (Linus’s (Matt Damon) father) in Ocean’s Thirteen.

Variety is reporting that Daryl Dragon died today of renal failure at age 76. With his ever-present captain’s hat, he was the Captain in The Captain & Tennille.

My mother-in-law. She was 84 and had been suffering from dementia for the last 6 months or so. Apparently it’s quite common for dementia sufferers to die from infections as the brain forgets how to work properly - and that’s what happened to her.

You often hear stories about the horrible mother-in-law. What you don’t hear are the stories about people like my mother-in-law, who was the sweetest, kindest, most generous person you could hope to meet. She spent the last few days of her life in hospital, and the doctors commented that they could tell that she was well loved. And they were right.

We will all miss you very much Marion.

My condolences on your loss, @MikeP.

I’m sorry for your loss. It’s wonderful that you got to find such a wonderful family member to be part of your life.

Dittos, sorry for your loss, @MikeP

And then there were eight. Alfred K. Newman, one of the last Navajo Code Talkers.

My father-in-law, which we’ve expected since last April. This gets weird as now my wife is going to be tied up helping her mom with tons of stuff which stresses everyone out. Also, I have a work trip this weekend I can’t easily bail on.

I’m sorry for you loss. Even when it’s expected, it’s never easy.