RIP Thread

complications from oesophageal cancer

All cancer sucks, but that one is especially bad.

Kathy Berman, wife of ESPN mainstay Chris “Boomer” Berman, 67

I debated posting this in the NFL Thread as the Bills’ message might not make sense to non-NFL fans: Boomer’s catchphrase every time the Bills rally is “nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills”

Chris Cornell, 52

We’ve now lost the frontmen of 3 of the 4 big grunge bands.

Right? And they are/were the headliners at the huge Rock on the Range festival this weekend here in town. I wonder if they’ll even play… And how many douchebags will cry for their money back for their tickets. :unamused:

I’m not sure how they could. Ignoring the “our friend and bandmate of 25 years just died 4 days ago” factor, who would sing? The only person I can think of who might be able to jump in there is Eddie Vedder and I doubt that he’d do it for the same reasons the band probably won’t play this weekend.

Roger Ailes, 77. Love him or hate him, he changed the world multiple times in multiple ways.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2017/05/18/fox-news-founder-roger-ailes-dies/hvpqAVaz5YxeN6RDpVDgiJ/story.html

Eddie Vedder is still hanging in there.

This only become macabre once you know Chris Cornell hung himself. :no_mouth:

I heard about that on the radio this morning. And I laughed out loud at your observation.
I’m not a grunge fan, so I don’t really know any of the players.

I am taking this news harder than I ought to. Superunknown was the first album I ever bought (in '95) that wasn’t classical or a film score. Before I was into much of anything, I was into Soundgarden.

Time to rewatch some classic 007… RIP Sir Roger Moore.

Moore wasn’t my favorite 007, but he did face my favorite Bond villain.

I don’t know if he was my favorite, but whenever I think of Bond it’s him first, I guess it’s because that’s who I grew up with.

Gregg Allman passed away on Saturday the 27th at age 69.

Manuel Noriega is dead.83 years old.

I think I speak for everyone when I say “he was still around?”

Yeah I thought he was dead already.

Adam West

Farewell to the original, campy TV Batman

You know it’s a bad day at work when there are grief counselors on site.

RIP, kids.

You know, if this dude wanted to off himself that’s his business. But there was absolutely no reason to take the kids with him. :frowning: