RIP Thread

Please please please let the next person be JZ783…

George S Irving

He was 94, it was a good run.

Well that’s the creepiest “comes in threes” ever…

That bit about there being no bras in space is kind of interesting for the fact that Lucas took time to reason that out, but it’s also completely irrelevant. If you’re in a situation where that’s coming into play, you’ve got other things to worry about instead of thinking, “I’m glad I’m not wearing a bra”.

Somebody remind me. Has there been any scenes in any of the movies where explosive decompression was actually shown? All I can remember is it’s either show blows completely up or there’s time to escape.

I’m really going to go with George Lucas not wanting a bra for other, more obvious, reasons and coming up with a reason to sell the idea that sounds better.

I mean, this is the same guy who complained that during the Jabba the Hut scenes Carrie Fisher shouldn’t have any creases on her side, which is something that human bodies do when they’re sitting with parts bent.

Yeah, I’m going for GL being a creeper. He wanted his 19 year old princess to be a sexy nun.

I think Disney has proven that the worst thing to happen to Star Wars was George’s divorce. Could you imagine if his wife had still been around for the other half of Return and the prequels? It would appear that he’s just constantly spouting ideas, and if there isn’t someone telling him no then it all goes in.

Scuttlebutt has it that William Christopher from MASH kicked the bucket.

Yeah, confirmed on a wide range of news sources :frowning:

No!!! Not Father Mulcahy! One last tear from 2016. :cry:

William Peter Blatty
The writer of The Exorcist

Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka, 73

Eugene Cernan, last man to walk on the moon, , 82

Awww, that sucks

Miguel Ferrer, 61

Mary Tyler Moore, 80

Bummer. I’d heard she was in the hospital and probably going soon, but I hadn’t heard that she’d passed away. :frowning: 80 isn’t a bad lifespan, at least.

The War Doctor, aka Sir John Hurt.

His own YouTube account has a video of his many on-screen deaths. May he rest in piece.

Father of Pac-Man

Also Barbara Hale, who played Della Street on Perry Mason

(Where did they find that pic from who knows when? hubba hubba!)

Richard Hatch - He will always be Apollo to me. (I never could get into the new Battlestar Galactica…)