RIP Thread

Charmian Carr (Liesl from “The Sound of Music”)
I’m not sure what she did after “The Sound of Music”, but I’ve watched that movie so many times it seems like I’ve seen her in a lot of stuff.

Arnold Palmer, golfing legend, 87

King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand, 88

He was a very beloved figure in Thailand so it will be interesting to see how the political climate there changes without him.

My buddy’s girlfriend is Thai. He said she and her family are devastated.

Also…

Gesundheit!

[Ha ha, I crack myself up.]

I copy/pasted his name. No way I was going to try and spell that.

Janet Reno, first female Attorney General, 78

Leonard Cohen, 82

The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

Leon Russell

I would have said RIP Dyn, however for me they jumped the shark some years ago.

Florence Henderson, aka Carol Brady, 82

Fidel Castro, 90

Shepherd Book Ron Glass, 71.

Man, from the eulogies you would think Antonin Scalia was the communist dictator and Castro the Supreme Court Justice.

Ack! I hope they don’t shut down the Dynamic DNS part. I just renewed for 5 years. (bigger discount when you prepay 2 or 5 years out)

This is Oracle, what do you think the odds are? :wink:

John Glen, 95

I figured this was coming… He’s been in the hospital for a week, and the family kept it pretty quiet for several days. The reporters have kinda been camping out by the hospital because it didn’t sound very good. He’s sort of a big deal around here… He looked pretty frail at the ceremony for renaming the airport this summer. :cry:

Bloody hell, 2016.

Alan Thicke, 69

Heart attack while playing hockey with his youngest son. A very Canadian way to go.

Pretty much the only injury in hockey you can’t play through.

Maybe I will watch a bunch of “Growing Pains” episodes today…such a big part of my youth…