Random Musings (and associated non sequiturs) v. 3.0

that’s my new shiny :rofl:

That’s because we’re so much more awesome than any other part of the UK.

1 Like

Speaking of Yorkshire, Ookson can now bake Yorkshire puds.

Not 100% yet, but it is there, and he’s learning. Already nomlicious enough.

Will ask for a photo should he make a new batch.

2 Likes

All of the roads going into Yellowstone National Park are shut down. There’s been so much rain that they’re damaged. If you look at this video, you can see that any section of the road that was up against a bend in the river is destroyed from the water carving away at the dirt underneath the pavement.

I’m reminded of the scene in Force 10 From Navarone where they are realize they can’t destroy the bridge:

Mallory: “Miller, what would happen to the bridge if that central arch were suddenly hit by several million tons of water?”

1 Like

Something for the hillbilly inside all of us…

YEE-HAH!

What is the update to the flooding? Everybody got out of there safely?

I’d be happy with this - GoSun Camp365 | Off Grid Solar Camper • Pop Up Trailer

Federal legislation against catalytic converter theft is a waste of time. It’s already illegal to steal one.

Why does anyone think crap like this is the fed’s job?

1 Like

You can legislate all you want, but that ain’t gonna stop people.

Only by enforcing the law with consequences for all to see…

Unfortunately, enforcing is the issue. Too little cops and too much cars with yummy catalytic converters.

Likewise - if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have gins.

Yellowstone is starting to open back up, so that indicates people got out okay.

The park has five entrances. The roads in the park for the north and northeast entrances are closed. The park is limiting how many people can be in at one time at the other three. If your license plate ends in an odd number, you can go in on odd-numbered days.

Regarding that picture of the heavily modified construction vehicle, I wonder if that’s how the Mortal Engines started out?

2 Likes

chef’s kiss

Liked that movie a lot.

I’ve moved out of the house I’ve lived in for over 50 years. You know what? I liked having a house to live in.

3 Likes

Isn’t “hibernate” supposed to shut the laptop entirely after writing memory to disk? So that the power doesn’t drain?

1 Like

Yes, it’s supposed to.

Somebody probably confused sleep mode and hibernate mode.