Random Musings (and associated non sequiturs) v. 3.0

Stupidity is a universal human trait.

I can’t decide if this goes with my attempt to make 40 Clove of Garlic Chicken (which requires, surprise, 40 cloves of garlic!) or a Tomatillo Salsa, which was literally my first (and so far, last) time trying to work with Tomatillos. Both were kind of painful to prepare.

• I grew up with dinosaurs being giant, cold-blooded lizards with leathery skin. T. Rex was a vicious killing machine
  • As a young adult, hey, maybe dinosaurs had feathers and were more bird than lizard. Also, T. Rex was just a scavenger who couldn’t hunt.
  • I guess we have no clue what they looked like because all we have is skeletons.

Where the hell is my time machine. Forget seeing key moments in human history and whacking Hitler, we need to know WTF the dinosaurs were all about!

Got a lovely private client a week ago.

She lost her husband recently (deceased) and had laptop issues. So she went out and purchased a new laptop and printerer (inkjet, spit), but had problems setting it all up.

I set it up for her, and she is willing to pay.

Currently I have issues with her 3G USB router (it’s a Mecer brand) which is total schitt with Win10. We have several options for cheaper mobile connectivity, all of which I want to discuss with her tonight. There’s three options which falls within her budget.

But I’m not going to fleece her (unlike others who tend to prey on widows and IT-illiterate people). Hopefully she’ll let others know that I’m doing a great job and I’ll get more referrals etc.

Feedback - she is happy with her current data plan, not going to force her to move.

Will order a new 3G USB stick for her, for now she’s using my one 3G stick as a loaner until the new one arrives.

Dang Mecer crap that refuses to work with Slurp10 - but it’ll work happily with Win7.

Are Hawkeye and Spider-Man the only characters (originating on Earth) in the current MCU whose identities aren’t known to the public?

• Tony Stark told everyone he’s Iron Man
  • Everyone knows Rhodey is Iron Patriot
  • Everyone Steve Rogers is Cap
  • Natasha Romanoff spilled all of SHIELD’s secrets onto the intarwebs (Hawkeye’s secret family/home stayed off SHIELD’s files, so that’s still safe)
  • The world knows Banner is Hulk
  • Dr. Strange still uses his real name
  • I’m not sure about T’Challa

T’Challa is known as Black Panther inside Wakanda, but I don’t think many people outside Wakanda know of him.

Also, Rhodey is War Machine, not Iron Patriot :slight_smile:

Thanos going to get a doublesized six-pack whoop-ass delivered to him soon.

We’ll have to wait for the Endgame to see what really happens.

Why has “passed away” been shortened to “passed”?
Whenever I hear “xxxxx has just passed”, my immediate thought is “what were they studying?”. And that’s a genuine reaction, not a pedantic one.
I’m dreading the day I’m distracted and actually come out with that response - I know it’s going to happen.

Edit: I think someone else might have commented on this before, but I couldn’t be bothered looking it up

I have five 500GB USB hard drives laying around. And no good way to consolidate them.

Looks like Hawkeye isn’t even Hawkeye anymore but Ronin.

So yeah, now he’s double deep.

I’d say it’s sort of questionable how many people know Black Panther even exists.

I’ve seen 4TB portable drives on sale for around $100. You could probably find a 3TB for even less.

I’ve got on older Synology NAS I could ship you if you want it. BYO Disks. I upgraded and don’t have a need for it. It’s slow and at the limited support point, but not bad.

I heard an interesting theory that, since time travel is involved, maybe they go back to when Hawkeye was Ronin, rather than him becoming Ronin after The Snap.

Does it take 2.5" drives?

I agree, Mike. A pet peeve, to be sure.
Another is when people forget “to be.”

This engine needs tuned up.
This software needs updated.

Notice they could be correct if they said one of two things:
“needs TO BE” tuned up
OR
(throw in a gerund) “needs tuning up.”

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Should be interesting, and also what method they’ll use.

In the preview he looks pretty worn down, it’s almost grandpa Hawkeye. Maybe they go forward too?

I think you could with adapters. It’s a Synology 212j if you want to look it up.

My favorite sushi place in Japantown is gone. Isobune is no more. :cry: