Random Musings (and associated non sequiturs) v. 3.0

No such thing as an original name anymore.

I’ve reached the brain point where all names sound stupid.

Just add a ‘Y’ to it somewhere. Then it’s totally original.

</ sarcasm>

… or an umlaut or other non-Americainian characters.

Or, if you want to get the millennials, go with leetspeek.

Oddly enough I like the extra character idea. WØØDMAN?

Dunno, I have to finish clearing out the garage to get there and I’m not a fan of doing that when it’s negative holy shit out there. Once I get everything rolling I’m going to work on some climate control, like a salamander or something, but it takes money to make money.

Less time on naming and more time on product… or prepping for product.

Spoke too soon. Just days after The Weinstein Company says the sale’s back on, the investment group finds out the company has another $55-$65 million in debt they weren’t told about, which includes unpaid residuals and profit participation (in other words, money they owe actors and other people who work on films), so they’ve called it off. The company says they’ve been “transparent about its dire financial condition” and they’re going to “work tirelessly” to avoid bankruptcy, just like they have been for months.

Except, just last week, they suddenly pulled the plug on the negotiation. “Hey, guys? Even though you’re probably the last group that’s willing to still deal with us, what you’re offering isn’t good enough. We’ll take bankruptcy.”

It was the same Attorney General that filed the lawsuit that got the negotiations going again afterward. Now even that isn’t enough.