Politics is Stupid

He should be persona non grata because the dumbass wrote a check to his heavies.

I need you to pretend to beat me up, here’s a check.

I just kind of assumed he paid them in cash. What a dumbass.

The thing is, if he had gumption to really do this he could have found somewhere to go and gotten his ass kicked.

There are violent, homophobic people out there. Pick the right bar and he would have had his story with some effort and less money.

This sounds like a plot of a bad tv show, trying to get a guy to appear better to his girlfriend.

I also read that the salary he was dissatisfied with was $80K a week. I don’t even make that in a year so I have no sympathy.

He was dissatisfied with 80K a week??? FFS thats stupid. That can easily afford a lush lifestyle.

It wasn’t just money though. He had to prove how evil people are at the same time.

How many fake MAGA attacks have we seen in the last couple years?

Another author has cancelled the publication of their book, but this time, the author that did it, Kosoko Jackson, had previously been part of a Twitter mob that forced Amélie Zhao to cancel her debut novel. Apparently, if you’re a gay black author writing about a gay black protagonist, you can face just as much backlash as any other person.

As usual, Larry Correia has something to say about it, which you can read here. Quick list of the main points:

• someone will always be offended about something
  • there are “Sensitivity Readers” that review books to find what could offend other people
  • when you try not to offend anyone in what you write, you’re going to have boring and uninteresting characters