Politics is Stupid

Trump is not the cause of people hating and not trusting the liberal elite and the press. He’s a symptom.

The way I saw it, she touched him, not the other way around. The bent arm thing happened as he turned away and tried to keep hold of the microphone. Incidental contact as she tried to grab the microphone is a completely different thing to the way it is being portrayed by the White House. I’m also going to call out the sexism involved. If that had been a guy trying to grab the mic then nobody would have said a word.

Him being an arse about keeping the mic is a separate issue, and again, I’m not saying he wasn’t an arse. He was.
But that still isn’t justification for a completely unprecedented move on the part of the White House.

Two years of similar behavior and using press conferences as his personal soap box. Jim Acosta doesn’t ask questions he argues with the president.

I think Trump is an asshole, but I couldn’t believe that he and Sanders keep calling on him. He had nothing to actually add to any press conference except badly phrased gotcha questions. I don’t understand why they didn’t just ignore him.

As far as the “touching” incident. I think it’s a wash. If he had given up his microphone the first time like every other reporter does the whole thing wouldn’t have happened. I’m sure this woman wasn’t prepared to wrestle with him like a three year old. His inability to take no for an answer with one of the most prolific press conference holders is bigly sad.

If Trump didn’t want to take his questions, he shouldn’t have called upon him. I’m starting to lean more and more towards the “he called on him because he wanted a confrontation” theory, and I’m not usually a conspiracy theorist.

But if you ignore CNN then you get all kinds of shit. He’s done that before and gotten the silencing the press deal then too. Or more frequently Sarah Sanders has.

This is from back in March.

OTOH, I could see it as a trap too. But if so, Acosta walked right into it with his typical behavior.

This is from three years ago.

http://newmediarockstars.com/2015/01/cnn-journalist-acts-like-a-dk-to-hank-green-surprised-when-called-a-dk/

From earlier this year. This was a speech about murdered journalists. He stands at the back of the crowd with a camera crew and yells during the standing ovation.
https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/cnn’s-jim-acosta-caught-on-video-manufacturing-very-fake-news.211106/

Acosta crashing an Easter event with DACA accusations.

Here’s the deal for me. Most of his questions are policy statements couched as questions. If the president doesn’t call on him there are accusations, if he does then it’s a shouting match. Where is the win here?

The way to deal with children is to treat them as children.
Be explicit. Jim, your behaviour is appalling so you have 2 questions per session, choose them carefully. If you go over 2 questions then you will be excluded from the next session(s). If CNN want to send a reporter who is prepared to act like an adult then we will happily deal with them.

Yep, they would cop some flak from CNN themselves, but I think there would be a hell of a lot more support for that than for removing press accreditation for being an arse.

I agree, but this has gone well beyond reasonable. And today was silly. There something to be said for punching back when attacked, but whatever.

The election issues in Broward County, Palm Beach County and the couple in Arizona concern me greatly.

I worked the election this year, I was actually in charge of a precinct. And I had to have a Democrat watch me open the box with the official blank provisional ballots and I had to have one watch me seal the still blank ballots in the box. I also had to have a Democrat in my truck when we drove the sealed box with those blank ballots and the flash cards from the voting machines to the county courthouse. They stayed with me until I handed the box to a team of one democrat and one republican who then handed them off to runners, also drawn from both parties. And since the Libertarian Party has ballot access in Indiana I’m sure there was one or two of them there as well.

We’re not professional poll runners, but there are multiple checklists to go through and inventories and everything else. If something is totally out of positive control then it’s going to have the shit challenged out of it, not just thrown into the pile of votes to count.

It’s one thing to misplace a flash card, or thumb drive with a few hundred votes on it. Though the fact that it is missing should be immediately apparent. It’s another to lose thousands of paper ballots or tens of thousands of votes electronic or paper and not even know that they are missing.

I also keep hearing that they aren’t letting the other party in to observe, that should invalidate the whole process.

Regardless if you think there is any actual bad intent here it’s something that needs to be fixed in our system.

Wut? Nobody from the opposition to witness said activities as well?

Shit stirrers in politics who stir up things only to benefit themselves and not caring about inflaming racial and fiscal tensions, as long as they benefit fiscally from their actions.

Such people need a very, very, very hard lesson.

Last week, Rep. Eric Swalwell from California participated in a gun control discussion on Twitter. One person said it would result in a war and Swalwell was out of his mind if he thought this person would give up his rights. Swalwell responded “And it would be a short war my friend. The government has nukes. Too many of them. But they’re legit. I’m sure if we talked we could find common ground to protect our families and communities.”

To which several places, like this one on a website called “Reason”, wondered, “Is he saying the government would use the threat of nuclear weapons to enforce giving up guns?”

After that, it was the usual backpedalling, saying “well, he started it”, “it’s sarcasm/exaggeration”, etc. On Larry Correia’s blog, he lists that part of the backpedalling was to change it to using SWAT teams to enforce giving up guns.

Regardless of how you feel about it, Larry’s blog does a really good job of explaining how impractical a voluntary or enforced surrender of weapons would be. It’s worth reading, so here’s the link. The high points are:

1. The scale of the task is much larger than most people can even think of.
  2. The logistics of making it happen would require you to get some of the people you’d be taking the guns away from to help you take away guns. For many, you’d be asking/telling them to kill their family members, relatives, friends and neighbors.
  3. If everything worked perfectly, you’d still end up with a situation where you were down to one person where you’d have to say, “You helped up make everyone else give up their guns, now give up yours.” Would they?
  4. Whether you go for a realistic figure or an optimistic figure, those who will not comply (voluntarily or forced) are going to be in the tens of thousands to millions, more than have been fought in Afghanistan and Iraq for the past two decades, spending approx. $6 trillion to do so.
  5. Points 2 and 4 involve people that are involved in the infrastructure of the country or have knowledge and skills that could be used against it. If they fought back, being able to disrupt/destroy things like food deliveries, power grid, fuel, roads, railways, etc., is going to make implementing gun removal much harder, especially when collateral damage occurs, even if that’s just inconveniences to people not directly involved like, “What do you mean I can’t get my Starbucks?” Does anyone even know where hand-operated fuel pumps are kept that are long enough to fit down into underground storage tanks at gas stations when the power goes out?
  6. Larry Correia’s been involved in times where a couple of groups had thought exercises and dinner conversations about how to do things like point #5. Short answer: it can happen faster than people realize (less than a week) and he’ll never put any of it into his books to avoid giving people ideas.

Part of the conclusion to his blog has this: “To pull off confiscation now you’d have to be willing to kill millions of people. […] In order to maybe, hypothetically save thousands, you’d be willing to slaughter millions.” Any time fighting occurs a group’s home turf, they defend that area more ferociously. If invading Japan had been necessary to end World War II, my dad (a Marine back then) knew he wouldn’t be coming back. I wouldn’t be here today if that had happened.

If we had a situation where the US Government said everyone had to give up their guns and trust that they’d never misuse the weapons they have against citizens, it wouldn’t be as clean, neat and simple as a lot of people think it would be.

Ho hum.

If you outlaw encryption, only outlaws will use encryption.

The moment someone starts saying things like “paedophiles are getting abuse material Skyped back to their bedrooms” then they have lost any high ground they had.
We’ve had over 300 road deaths this year, perhaps we should ban all cars.

Got a very racist post via Whatsapp purporting to be a speech from Trump in which he slates Africa.

Did Trump really said such things, or is it somebody stirring the pot?

I found this…

From August, doesn’t sound all that racist. I don’t know about anything else. I had a politics free weekend.

@RRabbit42 Another reason I double check Snopes…

So a public figure steps out of line; uses the wrong pronoun, supports the wrong person, makes a poorly chosen phrase, and they get hammered. As long as they are on the wrong team or are in need of a reminder of who holds the whip. But this dude talks about a civil war being short because they government has nukes and the only people that cover it are conservative sites and Fox. CNN had him on the day after this happened and not a word about it, even though they talked about his gun grabbing law.

All the talk of rhetoric by the left, about violent language or inciting anything is just garbage and always has been. They know that their opponents want to be seen as good guys and want to be seen as in the right so they tray to handcuff them with this crap. Meanwhile the left is attacking with every weapon they can. Screaming Racism, Sexism, and Fascist as loud as they can while flinging more and more outrageous accusations at people.

Good lord, do people just not realize why Trump supporters accept him warts and all? Year after year Republicans run on issues people want solved and year after year they get sucked into the machine. He fights. And unlike Dowdy or Sessions, he actually gets stuff done. Very little of what Trump has done is something that he didn’t say he would do.

This is what I’ve got via Whatsapp :

Some may find it offensive and disturbing. I wrapped it up in spoiler tags.

Mods, if offensive, kindly delete.

READ AND SHED TEARS

“DONALD TRUMP’S SPEECH ON WHY HE HATES AFRICANS & ARABS”.

We are not obliged, even for a second, to try to prove to anybody and especially to blacks and Arabs that we are superior people - we have demonstrated that to the black and Arabs in 1001 ways.
The America we know today was not created by wishful thinking.We created it at the expenses of intelligence, sweat, and blood…we do not pretend like other whites that we like the blacks - We must admit, without any fear, that we don’t like them, and for so, so, many valid reasons.

The fact that blacks and Arabs look like human beings does not necessarily make them sensible human beings. Hedgehogs are not porcupines and lizards are not crocodiles because they look alike. if God had wanted us to be equal to blacks and Arabs, he would have created us all of a uniform colour and intellect. But he created us differently. Whites, blacks, yellow, the rulers and the ruled. intellectually we are superior to the blacks and Arabs.That has been proven beyond the reasonable doubt over the years.

I believe that a white man is an honest, God fearing person who has demonstrated practically the right way of being a human. By now every one of us has seen it practically that blacks and Arabs cannot rule themselves. Give them guns and they will kill each other.

They are good in nothing else but making noise, dancing, marrying many wives, alcoholism, witchcraft, indulging in sex, pretending in church, jealousy, fighting and complaining of bad leadership; but, yet refuse to take a decisive action and protest to remove the brigands from position of power.

Let us all accept the fact that the black man is a symbol of poverty, mental inferiority, laziness and emotional incompetence.To make the matter worse, he can do everything possible to defend his stupidity. Give them money for development and they will fight and create hatred and enmity for themselves. Drill oil wells for them and they will not have peace all the days of their life.
See, for instance, what’s happening in Nigeria (a Country blessed with abundant resources), Southern Sudan, Malawi, DRC just to mention a few.
“This proves to anybody including a stupid fool that Africans do not know what they want. isn’t that plausible”?
"They are like monkeys looking for already ripping banana all over the world!!!.

Therefore that the white man is created to rule the black man, Africans will always have day dreams.
And here is the creature (black man) that lacks foresight but only sees what is near him and still fails to know what to do"
A black man is stupid to the extent that he cannot plan for his life beyond a year. Therefore how can they develop and live longer.

"Corruption in the west (And China) is a big abomination, but in Africa, it’s so huge that it is slowly becoming an acceptable way of life!!!.(Shame, isn’t it?)

They sing and rejoice to their corrupt political leaders.They worship their scandal-ridden religious leaders like their gods. Lest you forget, these so called Africans are praising, dancing and praying for the people that have impoverished them,and who comes to hide their loot here.

Then which fool argues that the black man is not born a beggar, grows a beggar, looks a beggar, falls sick as a beggar and dies a beggar. this has been proven beyond reasoning.
I wonder why even up to now most Africans still go to school by force, and those who are at school are are just drug addicts who don’t know what took them there. This is a pregnant stupidity in Africa. The body of Africans is a very fertile ground for all diseases in the world because they don’t fear even HIV/AIDS.
This leaves me with a question: Are our eyes created the same with those Africans? I hear there are still cultures in Africa that prohibit them from using latrines which is very annoying.

“They cried for independence but have failed to rule themselves”. For sure being African is a very untreatable disease that even prayers are not enough.
They have minerals but they cannot do anything with it. Therefore let us (whites) go to Africa and pick what we can pick and leave what is of no use. Poverty is a disease to the whites, but to the blacks it is very normal.

“Look at what is currently going on in Nigeria National Assembly. Legislators amending the constitution to favor themselves at the expense of two (200) million Nigerians. The present administration now have no economic blueprint plan, rather than noise and false propaganda. Characterised with hatred and witch hunt/impoverishment”.
“Majority of these legislators are treasury looters who are intellectually barren but using the ill gotten wealth to oppress the citizens of that great country”.

“What a shame”!
Black people with black sense, and a sick president in London for medical tourism!!!.

The worst tragedy in Africa is that if you dare stand up and speak up for what’s right, you may end up regretting.
“The few wise and open-minded Africans who have tried to educate these fools about civilization have met the worst.They have been pushed hard on the wall, they have been silenced and others have been killed”.
Before I finish, let me tell Africans that before you jump and call me a racist, an anti-blacks or whatever term you may wish to use against me,1st tackle runaway corruption, dreadful terrorism, tribalism, poverty, unemployment, diseases, illiteracy, ignorance, and inequality, that have put your whole continent on the verge of collapse".
“Hate me or love me, I don’t care.I know this is the plain truth which will never see the light of the day to the cowards that are afraid to be told as it is”.

By- Donald .J. Trump.

PLEASE SHARE WITH EVERY AFRICAN AND POLITICAL LEADERS SO THAT AFRICA IN OUR OWN TIME WILL EMERGE AN INDUSTRALISED CONTINENT TO PUT THE TRUMPS AND WHITE SUPREMACIST TO SHAME.

IF YOU READ THIS AND YOU ARE NOT CHALLENGED AS A HUMAN YOU ARE A BORN FOOL!

Pretty d@mned sure he didn’t say that. I’d like an attribution before I’d believe it, and I’d sure insist on a reliable source before I’d repost it anywhere.

That is my take on it as well. Not going to repost it.

I know for sure one thing that His Trumpness prefer to tweet. If it was the case, then it would’ve been a series of tweets. Not sure if he uses Whatsapp though.

I’m sure somebody’s stirring…

I’m pretty sure that is a much, much older speech and not by Trump. That sounds like something from the early 20th century. I’m looking for some proof one way or the other but not finding anything specific, which makes me disbelieve it more.

Agree with all the above comments. Not only do I doubt its authenticity (at least as it pertains to 45), but it’s way too long for someone with his attention span and it has too many complete sentences to be compatible with his way of speaking.