Politics is Stupid

Zuma doing a Mugabe.

SONA2018 cancelled.

Fun times.

Sigh I miss the days when that had any actual bearing on petrol prices. Oil has gone down steadily, petrol has gone up steadily. Now we’re back to £1.35/L (or $12.29/USGal) in some places of the country, thankfully not here where it’s hovering around £1.22/L.

It is havining quite the effect here. while gas isn’t hitting OPEC home country prices it is staying comfortably in the 2.50 range. We’re also exporting more oil than we have since 1970, and natural gas import stations have been redone to export it

If we were smart, we’d be working on better battery, solar panel, and wind turbine tech while building nuclear plants hand over fist. But, we’re not this is a break,I don’t think it’s a long term solution

But its gotten to where companies can make money putting up these crappy solar fields and horrific wind farms and make some sweet government money, so why improve them?

$2.50? You’re adorable. More like $3.50 out here.

Up here in Oh Yah, You Betcha Land, gas is around $2.50 a gallon. Definitely better prices than when I was back home in Southern California.

Which is exactly where I am.

My sympathies :frowning: I can’t move back because the cost of living is so outrageous. I miss In n Out, Roundtable Pizza, and Togos!

Hey, let’s get drunk and do a bunch of talk shows!

For a minute I read ‘Nuremburg’ and I was like, “Oh, well… they’re not far off, I suppose…” lol

Hey, uh, Mr. Trump? You stopped being the host of The Apprentice in 2015. You know that, right?

Yep, they’re fired!

Apparently history only started in 1981. I don’t disagree with the article, but setting a record when only considering 10% of the total is kind of weird. In other words, headlines are stupid.

On that note, I’m not really surprised. Most modern presidents come in with so many people riding their coattails and decades of political contacts. I’ve also noticed that when a Trump advisor has even a minor scandal they are gone, as opposed to the durability of a Huma Abedin or Valarie Jarret, or even a Hillary Clinton. He’s also wants people to do what he tells them, or tell him why not. I get the feeling he’s being talked down to and he doesn’t appreciate it.

All that being said, the careerists in the FBI, IRS, Department of Justice, and State are all one flavor or another of Never Trumpers. The public posts about resisting the president are pretty common. But the people know about enough issues in those organizations that resisting the president seems more like ass covering than righteous resistance. Some people voted for Trump so those people would get what’s coming to them. If Trump can’t make them change, then it doesn’t really matter who the president is.

Current crop of saffer bloodsuckers politicians game the system to only benefit themselves and not the country as a whole, this includes polarizing black against white. Racial tensions are running high here.

Funnily enough, black and white friends with good friendships ride this out as they respect each other. Not so the other racists, they just want to fight.

Planned policy of land expropriation without compensation will backfire big time.

There are certain factions (and persons) within the ANC trying to sugarcoat this issue (by saying only unused/fallow/foreign investor land will be expropriated), but they don’t realize that they want to push us all down a steep slippery slope.

Funny, I just asked you about this in your car post.

Do they not see the examples all around them of what happens when you do this?

Exhibit A: Zimbabwe

Exhibit B: Cambodia.

Exhibit C : Soviet Russia.
Exhibit D : Idi Amin
Exhibit E : Hutus and Tsutsis

Somebody once said “Those who ignore history, are doomed to repeat it”.

Each US President gets an official portrait. The ones on the White House website typically show them smiling, or if not, looking something like serene or confident. The current one for Donald Trump is actually smaller than for the previous Presidents.

DT decided to use a different picture for the US military’s chain of command photos. You can see it on the Army’s website. I’m guessing he was going for a stern, “you don’t want to mess with me” image. My first impression when I saw it was he was grumpy and didn’t want to get his picture taken that day.

Cute. I think he’s trying to look like Mattis, but that’s not possible for a squishy.