Just realised it has been a while since I’ve come back to this, and much water has passed under the bridge.
I see the last old machine I acquired at the time of last writing was the Classic II…
I did end up getting capacitors and a new soldering iron, and I did recap that board… and the sucker boots now, so I’ve put the board in my original Classic so it’s a little nicer to use. The rest of the Classic II has some issues though so I have that out on the bench to look at… sometime…
The list of vintage machines I now have includes (in random order):
- an SE/30 (given to me as dead, and had SimasiMac symptoms - a recap and a new HDD fixed it)
- a lime iMac 333 (tray load) with matching peripherals - now with 256MB RAM!
- a black 5500/250, now with matching peripherals
- a couple of LCIIs in varying condition
- a Pentium 133 in bits - minus the sound card
- a Cyrix PR133 complete - sold to me as not working but it fired right up!
- a few other Windows PCs built between 1998 and 2002
- a Sun Ultra 10
Currently on my bench is (along with a lot of crap) an LCIII that doesn’t boot after a recap… so I’m looking into that one.