Movies we don't want to see

Here’s a few hypothetical movies that might make you shudder.

To Sir, With Love, starring Chris Black
Educating Rita, starring Paris Hilton and Perez Hilton
Mame, starring Courtney Love

[any of Terry Pratchett’s books], starring Benedict Cumberpatch.

In fact, no…

[anything], starring Benedict Cumberpatch.

Seriously. I’m not normally a violent person at all but if I ever get the chance I’m going to punch him in his smarmy face until either it or my hand breaks. He is such a shit actor, and yet people keep putting him in things because according to a poll conducted by a known idiot-rag newspaper, he’s sexy.

He’s as sexy as a dead badger on a stick with a piece of string animating his emotionless mouth like Captain Pugwash.

He’s celebrity because we’re told he is, just like so many of today’s celebrities. I hate it. Celebrities should be people worth celebrating, not Kathy “Big Boobs” McGee who is famous for having breasts and once getting them out whilst standing behind the weatherman on Channel 86…

edit … sorry. That turned into a rant. I just hate him. Hate hate hate him. I hate him like Madame Mim hates sunlight.

I like Cumberbatch in Sherlock, where he’s supposed to be smarmy and perhaps look a bit creepy. Didn’t like him in Star Trek, but that was mainly because the script was pretty bad.

1 Like

By now, we all know that Benedict’s Doctor Strange movie is coming out in a week, so that will be one to avoid. For Balance, if you think he looks a bit creepy in Sherlock, then you have to see the manga adaption. An artist by the name of Jay drew out “A Study in Pink” as a manga, which has since been adapted into a six-part comic book by Titan Comics.

And in case you can’t get enough of that, Doctor Strange analyzes the injuries that occurred in Captain America: Civil War in an ad for both the DVD of that movie and for his movie.

I saw a commercial for that this week when step-son was watching the Broncos game. The commercial was kind of schitzo. It is probably one that we will rent when it hits Redbox in a couple months.

Nah, Sherlock is pretty awesome. Definitely worth watching. I think $Wife has a thing for Benedict Cumberbund or whatever his name is, actually, so I got her watching it too.

Oh, way, was that not referring to me?

$Fiancee definitely has a thing for him. She loves Sherlock.

He’s actually a good actor, but we enjoy joking about his name. Only thing I’ve seen him in that I didn’t like was the Star Trek he did, and that was because of the writing, not the acting. Most of the NuTrek actors are good, although the scripts may be lacking. (Haven’t seen the most recent one, but I’ve heard it’s the best of them).

Is anyone else sick to death of all the super-hero films appearing at the moment?

1 Like

It’s going to accelerate from here as DC gets more of their “extended universe” movies done to compete with Marvel’s already-established plan for movies.

The thing is, plenty of other movies are being released. It just doesn’t seem like any of them are any good or done well.

1 Like