Movie reviews

Agreed, not the least of which is due to the fact they got rid of Natalie Portman, or she got rid of them. Can’t stand her (except in V for Vendetta, for some reason) and can’t stand her character.

We’re four months away from the premiere of Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2. In the two trailers that have been released so far, I counted:

• 23 well-known company logos
  • one instance of a well-known company name being spoken and one of a well-known TV character’s name
  • the Disney princesses: Jasmine, Cinderella, Snow White, Pocahontas, Elsa and Anna, Moana, Belle, Rapunzel, Tiana, Ariel, Sleeping Beauty, Merida
  • Iron Man (and the Marvel logo, which is included in logo count above)
  • Pixar movies (Cars, Up, The Good Dinosaur), Star Wars, The Muppet Show, Frozen, Big Hero 6, Dumbo, the Disney Animation Studios building

So, are the critics going to complain about the movie being “a hyperactive piece of corporate propaganda” that is “little more than an exercise in advertising”, like they did with The Emoji Movie? Or will it get a pass because it’s Disney?

I’m hopeful that despite being corporate propaganda, it’s good corporate propaganda. I think the trailer with the princesses showed the writers were at least making fun of them a bit, which is a plus.