Home Ownership

Um, yeah. That statement doesn’t quite gel with all the other posts you have made in this thread :slight_smile:

Including

1 Like

How about discerning? Is that better?

Also, the fans and bed will all need to be done I between previously scheduled engagements like a managers meeting Saturday night, grocery shopping Saturday morning (we have no food, just ask the kids!:roll_eyes:) and Friday night ice skating with the boys. Sometimes going to work is more relaxing than being at my house! :rofl::rofl:

0 Likes

I did none of my things this weekend other than move the boxes into the house. Will try again during the week. Fell on my butt ice skating (kid got his skate somehow caught in my blades and down we went!) so I’m not even gonna try and build a bed for w couple of days at least. :woman_shrugging:

0 Likes

One disadvantage of running the dishwasher overnight while you’re asleep is that you won’t hear the motor starting to fail. I think the heater gave up last year. Time to start looking for a new one.

0 Likes

If the motor broke on my dishwasher my first sign would be my vision dimming, and pain in my chest.

In other news, I’ve been cleaning crud out of the aerator on the bathroom sink for ages… for some reason it never occurred to me that the kitchen sink was having issues with pressure for the same reason. 2 and 2 finally floated together to for 4 and I cleaned it out and its awesome!

2 Likes

Spent half the day working on the boys room. Making myself do it before the laundry room because it’s easy and tbh if I don’t do it before the other rooms up here I’m just gonna keep putting it off. If I work hard I should have the upstairs mostly done by June. Maybe before but that’s my goal. The main floor is going to be harder bc of th two story ceilings and all the stuff that needs to come down from up there. And it’s probably filthy but I’m sure my Dyson will handle that just fine.

Sorted out an entire bookcase full of books, made the boys take the toys downstairs, sorted out two large garbage bags full of clothes, and moved out a bookshelf that I don’t like. Today j need to pull down the old shelving that’s not staying, take down the valence and blindsided, move the furniture to the middle of the room, and patch holes. If I really feel motivated I might start painting but I’m thinking not. That’ll probably be during the week. At least I don’t have to do furniture in this room. Just paint and electrical work.

1 Like

Finished the boys’ room. Now onto the laundry room. That one will be simple but not easy. Not much room to work and can’t really move the washer and dryer out of there. Will be interesting that’s for sure!

1 Like

Laundry room done. Time for a break from big projects and to start finishing up little things. And vacation. :grin:

Final product, minus decorations

IMG_20190320_113057

2 Likes

… and washer cycle selector knob?

1 Like

Oh yeah, that too. Though since I can use the washer without it, it could be considered decoration as well. :thinking::rofl:

2 Likes

I’d kill to have a washer and dryer in my apartment instead of having to go downstairs.

1 Like

Vice grips FTW.

3 Likes

We moved into our house Thanksgiving 2012.

Builder installed a 50 gallon 6-year water heater.

I have a browser tab open to homedepot.com

Do the math :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Access Denied

You don’t have permission to access “http://www.homedepot.com/” on this server.

Reference #18.2d621502.1554471894.10f7922a

0 Likes