So this morning $HR asked me to look at a certain person’s email and PC regarding tax returns.
I complied, and forwarded the juicy emails.
Also I got a couple of logs on $tax_site visited and turned those hardcopies over to HR as well.
Turned out the luser in question did people’s tax forms and returns in return for a percentage thereof.
The straw that broke this particular camel’s back was the fact that the person in question wasn’t
- qualified to do tax assessments and returns
- wan’t registered as a tax assessor either
- and also that one of her “clients” got hit with a massive R50k tax assessment bill (which yonder taxman demandeth… ) ~ the biggest straw of them all.
Lessons to be learnt :
- Do your own tax assessment yourself.
- If in doubt, go seek out professional help. Pay the fee they require, it will save you many hours of headache, heartache and frustration later.
- Keep records of everything.
- Don’t try to cheat the system, you will get caught out.
Now all those people probably have to resubmit their tax returns again…