A few months back I switched on HTTP public key pinning, a security scheme designed to make it more difficult for attackers to do nefarious things with the BigDino web server. HPKP is difficult to implement and comes with a long list of configuration pitfalls—and, as of today, I’m done with it.
Sixty-one days ago I stopped sending out HPKP headers, which I’d set to a sixty day duration. This morning, I ripped out the scaffolding of Certbot scripts and cron jobs that kept LetsEncrypt running properly with HPKP, and replaced them all with the blissful simplicity of Neilpang’s acme.sh coupled with DNS-based validation.
Interesting read. Thanks